2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was looking forward to seeing him in the middle last night.

Looked busy without being busy is the best I can come up with
Agreed.
I said more or less the same thing, ran around a lot but did nothing.

Midfield is a huge problem for us.

We don't defend properly in front of the back four and we offer very little creativity at the business end of the pitch.
We basically give the ball to our wide players and then our midfield seems no longer to exist or offer any support when attacking, everything just stops and our wide players are left just to try to get past their man which can't be the only option available.

Sigurdsson wasn't wonderful but at least he offered something different in midfield.
James offered creativity, obviously Eriksen would have been ideal but was never going to happen. The only one that I can thing of who would have that level of creativity may be Dele in a far more central role.
If Tom Davies is being played then it should be much further forward because playing him in front of our back four is asking him to do something he isn't capable of, but if not him then whoever is played there must offer something creatively to give us options to create chances because at present there is zero creativity .

I have tremendous belief in young Alex.

I say let him play his natural position and give him support. There will be shooting, shots, and great celebrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.