2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whosoever identified him, recruited him, should be sacked first. It's one of the worst rip offs I have ever seen, 30 m ffs. Would be lucky to get anything for him even knowing he is just 25. He runs and tackles like a 35 year old man.

His age is probably our only saving grace for possibly getting even close to eight figures for him. However given the current market and considering we got Demarai Gray for under two milion, thinking we might even get close to ten for Iwobi is probably absurd. We should try to flog him off to Newcastle in January when they get hold of their blood money. They'll be desperate for new recruits in any shape or form to stay up.

He's bang average but we knew that start of the season mate.

I was given pelters in the summer for saying it but forget top 7 hopes this season is all about finishing top 10 and praying the money is there next summer to finally bolster the squad with quality.

Coleman
Iwobi
Davies
Holgate
Gomes
Gordon
Delph
Gbamin
Rondon

We go nowhere when these players are relied upon to start games - the bulk need replacing.
I see Rondon is already on the deadwood list
A Rondon on at 75 minutes against tiring defences isn't the same as a Rondon on from the first minute against defences not tired.

He was a cheap ass signing to offer something to chuck off the bench as a 3rd choice CF.

The fact we were financially unable to bring in a CF able to offer more should be what fans are more angry about.
If that's why we were bringing him in we shouldn't have.

I really don’t like singling players out for poor performances but I can’t fathom at all how we arrived at a decision to sign him, never mind the decision to pay over £26M for him. He has zero outstanding attributes or even reasonable attributes that a modern day footballer needs. He has the strangest gait I’ve ever seen in a footballer and he struggles to get involved in play. I hear hes got real technique and does amazing stuff in training and that only makes me More baffled because he just does not have any positive influence whatsoever on our play.
For most of today’s game we played with 9 men as He and Rondon were totally and utterly abject. I really have to question Benitez for firstly starting them both and secondly persisting for so long with them. Rondon made Oumar, Cenk, Denis and even Jo look like world beaters.
£600M spent and we’ve gone backwards. How on planet earth has that been allowed to happen?

I really don’t like singling players out for poor performances but I can’t fathom at all how we arrived at a decision to sign him, never mind the decision to pay over £26M for him. He has zero outstanding attributes or even reasonable attributes that a modern day footballer needs. He has the strangest gait I’ve ever seen in a footballer and he struggles to get involved in play. I hear hes got real technique and does amazing stuff in training and that only makes me More baffled because he just does not have any positive influence whatsoever on our play.
For most of today’s game we played with 9 men as He and Rondon were totally and utterly abject. I really have to question Benitez for firstly starting them both and secondly persisting for so long with them. Rondon made Oumar, Cenk, Denis and even Jo look like world beaters.
£600M spent and we’ve gone backwards. How on planet earth has that been allowed to happen?
He's a 5 a side player. I bet he looks good in training when there aren't any meaningful tackles. Bloke is a bottler. Sell to MLS.

Needs booing at this point.

The player and the manager need to know that his level of performance is something that the fanbase aren’t willing to accept.

No ability, no desire, no heart, no commitment, no bottle… An absolutely useless tosser.

I think I can safely say he cost us the match today. Not that other players didnt play poorly or miss opportunities, but even ignoring the big swing and miss, so much of our attack came through to him in promising areas, and then he either whiffed the shot, missed the pass, or just lost it. An average winger would have produced probably 2 goals had they replaced him today.

He’s a bottle job, fastest I seen him run was when he got substituted. For a winger to have no dribbles or crosses in a game is disgraceful. How much is this fool robbing off us weekly?

I can imagine the Arsenal board rolling on the floor in knots of laughter when we took him off their hands…..for crazy money.

Status
Not open for further replies.