2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not defending him, but I always say if he has to play then it’s in front of the midfield 2 or just behind the striker. He ain’t slow but not fast either to take players on the wing. Has good feet when dribbling, but he just looks totally lost at times. Was very poor yesterday but we say that far to much. Don’t blame for the price tag that’s all on us
He was moved into the number ten role and had fifty minutes there and managed to air shot an easy chance. He lacks football IQ, he is a headless chicken who looks powerful, a number ten who produces very little. He is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

He was moved into the number ten role and had fifty minutes there and managed to air shot an easy chance. He lacks football IQ, he is a headless chicken who looks powerful, a number ten who produces very little. He is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

For all the talk about his preferred position, he's even worse in the centre than he is as a winger. I'm still trying to get over how he played there against Burnley last year when we set the whole side up for him. Yesterday was just nowhere near good enough. He was barely involved but when he finally did get into a great position he completely panicked in front of goal.

I feel sorry for him as he was signed as a bit of a last minute panic buy with no thought as to where he will fit in. His decision making is poor which has now lead to him taking safe options all the time. When you're an attacker you need to take risks to try and unlock the door. His poor end ball also means more often not he will turn possession over.

Surely with the constant non performances week after week from this scammer and the ever bewildering Rondon its time for the younger talent to be given a run in the team. We have a difficult month ahead but we all know that continuing with these 2 in the starting line up that Everton win will be absent from our betting slips.

I think most points made on here are fair comments to be fair
But what I would point out is that it’s no good getting on the lads back all the time.
I’ve seen him play well at times and reading reports he’s meant to be decent in training.
Constantly getting on his back is not going make him play better is it.

If it wasn’t for one or two posters who have continued trying to convince folk that there’s a player there, this thread would have died ages ago.

There’s nothing new to say, he isn’t good enough, it’s not going to happen.

He had a couple of good cameos at the start of the season coming on as a sub and had people in here praising him and Benitez was getting the best out of him etc. Big difference coming on as a sub when the game’s more open and there’s space, compared to starting a tight game. When he does get a start, sure enough he reverts to type.

He’ll have the odd good game, good cameo but he’s not going to make it as a player for us and needs to go as soon as possible. End of discussion.

I think most points made on here are fair comments to be fair
But what I would point out is that it’s no good getting on the lads back all the time.
I’ve seen him play well at times and reading reports he’s meant to be decent in training.
Constantly getting on his back is not going make him play better is it.

Oh brilliant.
Hello is that the premier league? Can we switch our next home game to our training ground as iwobi is world class in a non competitive training session against bibs.
Great in training ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.