2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever pushed for this transfer and sanctioned it should be fired from a cannon as far away from Goodison as possible.

Absolutely abysmal footballer.

£35m.
That transfer should be investigated for fraud.

This...

Stinks of that Tony Thomas/Steve Simeonson cash grab that Peter Johnson stuck us with.

Kronke getting paid of by a Moshiri backdoor transfer...

Crab's homesickness is now of such degree that serious consideration should be made toward releasing him from his contract

He wouldnt take it. He's guarenteed his money. And he wont get a fraction of what he's on here anywhere else.
Its a right shafting to this club with no lube and we've just got to take it.
Though im still chuckling at the link i saw on here to his instagram page where he posted "to all my fans around the world"
Haha gotta laugh or i'd cry.

Disgrace of a man. The fact he plays for everton gives me sleepless nights. 35 million. Disgusting.
He's not Ian Brady!
He hasn't been doing too well but we have been lacking goals and having to rely on a player who is utterly unable to produce on that front and using him more as an out and out attacker.
In other areas when we have a full team of goalscorers out, he is not nearly as bad as people are making out (though I am one who always preferred Bernard who was similarly and in my opinion inexplicably hated) and can be of some use in a very depleted team.
I get it he's irritating in his lack of final product but as with Rondon, it gets very vicious and OTT.

We were playing with 10 men, suddenly this oxygen Thief wanders onto the pitch on his Zimmer frame and then it's 9 men, any team playing against 9 men is going to think, "ay up' let's AVE some of that..." And then batter us.

If this was horse racing, two screens should have been erected at the end of 90 minutes and Dunc should of come on with a shotgun and done the business.
We were already playing with 9 with rondon and Davies, iwobi made it 8, not surprised by the collapse

There was a few flashes last season that Iwobi was improving unfortunately it was just a few flashes, nothing of note since I still think there is a decent player in there, but he has the same problem as Barkley has but worse, he over thinks things and it then all goes wrong. No time to think improves massively but then the next minute it’s back to over thinking it. We can’t carry on having a player like that, as there’s a mistake waiting to happen at any momen, first and even second season you could give him the benefit of the doubt but it’s gone on far to long. So he needs to be outed with a good few others.

The fact he still gets game time is just yet another reminder of the fact there are no standards at this club. Any actual big club would have moved him on a long time ago.
So true and you could say that for so many of our players. I probably haven’t ever wanted a player to leave the club more than Morgan Schnederlin. I’d assumed, wrongly as it turned out, that he was so bad nobody would take him off our hands. When we eventually sold him, I couldn’t believe it when he did an interview to say he’d wanted to go the previous summer but Brands had begged him to stay for one more season so he stayed to do us a favour. Surprise surprise, we then had to watch another season of his pathetic displays. As you say, standards are through the floor, failure, abject failure is accepted.

This guy is so bad I cannot see us ever being able to offload him. So it will be a question of allowing his contract to run downrun.

Cannot see any other way. Just cannot faythom why Benitex picks him. Look at those stats in another, thread, did absolutley sod all.
Iwoeful is, well, woeful, but he's a relatively young player and this is Everton, so no way they'll let him leave on a free. If he can't be sold he's bound to get given a new contract, if only to "protect the value of an asset". (In other words, we're gonna be stuck with this guy til about 2028).

Status
Not open for further replies.