2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get all the people saying he's dead skilful, etc. Literally the only time he did any kind of trick that came to anything, in over 2 years of being an Everton player, was away against Fulham over a year ago and even then he mis-kicked it which led to the ball flying between a few of their players and inadvertently into his path for him to win a throw in or something similarly unimportant.

He doesn't seem to fit any system we play. A very expensive luxury player who doesn't even bring any magic moments.

…ironic that when players were asked who is the most skilful player at the club, a number of them nominated Iwobi. I think it’s lots to do with application & attitude with him, he certainly doesn’t pass my ‘plays like the game matters’ test.

…ironic that when players were asked who is the most skilful player at the club, a number of them nominated Iwobi. I think it’s lots to do with application & attitude with him, he certainly doesn’t pass my ‘plays like the game matters’ test.

When he plays right wing he beats his man with skill then either crosses it straight into the first defender or slides an aimless pass to no one. Unfortunately there is no place for someone with them attributes as it means you are zero threat down one side of pitch.

I don't get all the people saying he's dead skilful, etc. Literally the only time he did any kind of trick that came to anything, in over 2 years of being an Everton player, was away against Fulham over a year ago and even then he mis-kicked it which led to the ball flying between a few of their players and inadvertently into his path for him to win a throw in or something similarly unimportant.
Because nearly every single one of his team mates said he was the most skillful at the club.

I saw a Japanese guy on tv once, he was doing tricks with a football that were unbelievable, his control of a football was terrific. I wondered if he was a Japanese international or something, it turned out he wasn’t a footballer at all, he just did ball tricks. I looked into it a bit more and found that there are quite a lot of these people who entertain people with keepy uppies etc. maybe Iwobi would be more suited to this kind of a job.

When he plays right wing he beats his man with skill then either crosses it straight into the first defender or slides an aimless pass to no one. Unfortunately there is no place for someone with them attributes as it means you are zero threat down one side of pitch.
I’d argue he rarely ever beats his man as he doesn’t have the pace to get around them. Gray beats his man the majority of the time and Alex may get past his guy once every 5 tries. Sums up the difference.

Because nearly every single one of his team mates said he was the most skillful at the club.
I can quite believe it. The thing is, it's one thing showcasing skill in training, and something all together different in the heat of a top-flight match.

I've always been amazed how skilful even the most agricultural of professional footballers are when they are warming up. Turn the pressure of a match on, and all the ball juggling, flicks and turns disappear.

I can quite believe it. The thing is, it's one thing showcasing skill in training, and something all together different in the heat of a top-flight match.

I've always been amazed how skilful even the most agricultural of professional footballers are when they are warming up. Turn the pressure of a match on, and all the ball juggling, flicks and turns disappear.
Aye, he may have the technical ability to do do tricks or perform in training, without the pressure of a professional match, but it does not translate onto the pitch.

I do not think he has the perseverance or tenacity to apply his apparent skills onto the pitch - some may call it bottle. Put himself on the line? No.

Go in for a tackle? Don't make me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.