2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember how skilful Bolasie was, used to be able to get away with doing it in games at Palace because their fans were a bit Soccer AM and could put up with players being a bit crap and not really doing anything meaningful. Wouldn’t even attempt any of his mad tekkers at Goodison because Big Ste in the lower bullens would’ve ripped his head off.
At least Bolasie had that happy face... I always think Iwobi looks like his mind is focused on a crisis in another dimension that only he can see.

I am concerned that iwobi seems to struggle for every manager he plays for now. I could see plenty of benefit to playing him but it is harder and harder to justify supporting him in the team. A fella that can create chances on the gorund just isn't doing that and clearly isn't cut out for being a winger either.

for the price we paid for him, we really can't justify anything he has brought.

I am concerned that iwobi seems to struggle for every manager he plays for now. I could see plenty of benefit to playing him but it is harder and harder to justify supporting him in the team. A fella that can create chances on the gorund just isn't doing that and clearly isn't cut out for being a winger either.

He struggles for every manager because let’s just face it, it was a panic buy on the last day of the window and we vastly overpaid for a bang average footballer.

I don't blame Iwobi for being a failure. The blame is on the individuals whose crass incompetence caused him to join us. The same blame can be laid at the doors of those who recruited a number of other inadequate players. You can't get it right every time, but the frequency of disastrous signings has been astonishing and may condemn us to several more years of mediocrity, with managers carrying the can.

I don't blame Iwobi for being a failure. The blame is on the individuals whose crass incompetence caused him to join us. The same blame can be laid at the doors of those who recruited a number of other inadequate players. You can't get it right every time, but the frequency of disastrous signings has been astonishing and may condemn us to several more years of mediocrity, with managers carrying the can.
It is amazing how many poor signings we make and over many years. Maybe other clubs do the same but I don’t notice as I’m not interested in other clubs but Everton seem to have cornered the market in bad but expensive ‘players’ and it is crippling us

Got quite a few sound Gunners friends who told me that when they saw the transfer fee they thought we had negotiated really hard.
That is, until they realised, it was what we had offered them, and not what they imagined they were going to pay us for taking him off their books.
Some have not finished laughing yet. Another Marvellous Marcel masterstroke.

Status
Not open for further replies.