Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you don't mind a Brighton fan posting in this thread. I saw this stat earlier: Iwobi created more chances this season than any other player outside the Big 6. Seriously impressive esp considering the season you've just had. No reason why he can't improve on that next year now that Dyche has brought some stability to the squad.

You've twisted my arm and I'll reluctantly sell him to you as your Mac Allister replacement for 38m.

I’m sure half of those chances he created were for the opposition..

When is his contract up? I’d keep him purely because of the desperate lack of attacking players (Don’t think any of Townsend, Maupay, Dele or Simms will be here)

His contribution this season was worth 10 points alone, 3 times he assisted a goal in a game we won by a single goal, that's 6 points right there.

If it wasn't for his goal against Leicester this club is no longer Premier League.

Needs a new contract now.
9?

Frustrating player. Liable to gift the opposition a break away. I've started to realise he's the new Leon Osman. Much maligned but actually a decent team player. Worked his nuts off for us during the run in. If he found consistent end product he'd be dynamite. And still at Arsenal probably.

He’s 27, an end product isn’t going to just spawn from thin air. I hope we get rid of him because I hate watching him play.

No because if we draw its one point, but the win gave us 2 extra points, so those three assists gave us 2 extra points in each game.
His contribution this season was massive, even just by staying fit, if we don't reward him it's criminal
I can't keep up with this 7 dimension kinematic chess. Sound. 6 points it is. I need a lie down.

I can't keep up with this 7 dimension kinematic chess. Sound. 6 points it is. I need a lie down.
It's quite basic really when you analyse stats and see which ones actually made a real points winning contribution, like Moneyball in baseball, its very important in football too.
Remember the way lukaku would get consolation goals, for example if you are 2 0 up and a player gets 2 more goals to make it 4 0, those 2 extra goals don't earn you any points you didn't already have in the bag.
But if you are 0 0, Sunday being a great example, that single goal gains you two more points.
Iwobi this season with his goals and assists made 10 points for Everton that if he doesn't make or score those goals we don't get.
The only player who might of made us more points this season is Pickford, his penalty save against Leicester for example.

I’m sure half of those chances he created were for the opposition..

When is his contract up? I’d keep him purely because of the desperate lack of attacking players (Don’t think any of Townsend, Maupay, Dele or Simms will be here)
I would very much like to see bad pass statistics offsetting creativity statistics, tbh. Doesn't matter if you're Magic Johnson half the time if the other half of your passes lead to cheap points.

I'm confused, what has Lukaku's consolation goals got to do with winner assists for Iwobi only counting for 6 points?

I don't want to go down this rabbit hole mummy, I like the sun and fresh air and some figment of perspective. You've cracked it, you carry on.

I'm confused, what has Lukaku's consolation goals got to do with winner assists for Iwobi only counting for 6 points?

I don't want to go down this rabbit hole mummy, I like the sun and fresh air and some figment of perspective. You've cracked it, you carry on.
It's a valid stat, given a large enough sample size. Goals that bury the opponent that much deeper, or that pull one back when down 4-0, don't really count.

We can argue this one, but what we want in player skill is John Elway ducking into a phone booth and emerging in a cape to produce some impossible nonsense late on that wins a lost game. We would of course prefer the game being won by that point, and the phone booth being moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back