Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwobi has exceptionally quick feet, he will run all day, he's reasonably quick and is willing to make surging runs which get us up the field, but, there always a but isn't there? He has absolutely no football brain, can not play with his head up and offers little or no goal threat.

He is about our current level, he is in no way worth the figures that have been bandied about regarding his new contract. He is an average premier league player, no more than that and should have a contract that reflects that. If he is prepared to extend on a reasonable wage then I'd be happy to see him stay. If however, he wants anything north of 60-70 k per week then we should take what we can get for him this summer.
It will be interesting to see if there are any bids for him this summer.
Although we have avoided relegation we would still be seen as financially vulnerable and would have to consider reasonable bids for players.

Well I can’t wait to see which better teams than us come sniffing for him then. There should be plenty of interest.
I agree with you on one point he struggled in our run in playing wing back - winger - yet he still put the effort in even though they are not his best positions - again i will forecast if sold to a top team he will flourish in their midfield .... if our fans vote him player of the season the is a reason for it .......

I agree with you on one point he struggled in our run in playing wing back - winger - yet he still put the effort in even though they are not his best positions - again i will forecast if sold to a top team he will flourish in their midfield .... if our fans vote him player of the season the is a reason for it .......

It was the players that voted him player of the season, not the fans. The fans voted Pickford. The players have about 4 GCSE’s between them.

It was the players that voted him player of the season, not the fans. The fans voted Pickford. The players have about 4 GCSE’s between them.
I bet you wish you were eaning £1 behind them though - 4 GCSEs or not - the players picked him as he was our mainstay in that midfield .... Pickford had his best season ever, I agree .....

I bet you wish you were eaning £1 behind them though - 4 GCSEs or not - the players picked him as he was our mainstay in that midfield .... Pickford had his best season ever, I agree .....
If he's a mainstay in our team and we have a crap team, what does that say about the team overall and how can Carlin praise Kenwright for it mate?

If he's a mainstay in our team and we have a crap team, what does that say about the team overall and how can Carlin praise Kenwright for it mate?
BK is another subject he needs to be shown the door as Chairman = won nothing - we lost the Kings dock - The Kirkby fiasco p- etc then alls I need is a billionaire - we got one ..... plunged into relegation by a chronic board....

We do have a poor team & Dyche worked a miracle to avoid the drop imo ......

BK is another subject he needs to be shown the door as Chairman = won nothing - we lost the Kings dock - The Kirkby fiasco p- etc then alls I need is a billionaire - we got one ..... plunged into relegation by a chronic board....

We do have a poor team & Dyche worked a miracle to avoid the drop imo ......
Bit of a miracle, bit of hardship he introduced into his own/our life for no reason.

See a few upset with suggestions he will be on over £100k a week......he was on that anyway, he will get a rise of about £20k per week, and it retains his value.

He's not worth his weight in peanuts mate, what "value" of his are we talking about here?

Well his contract expires he goes for free....if he signs a new one, his value is more than 'free', on the books and in the market.

Im not a massive fan either, but extending his deal protects us financially. We let too many players walk out the door for free.

Name me anyone in our midfield as good as him - scratches head ..... :D
Again, doesn't mean he's good, it means he's available.

As a central mid though - any of our starting ones probably.

As a winger he's useless as he's apparently never trained crossing (despite playing/starting off as a winger and joining us as a winger).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back