2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? If anything Henderson is more defensive minded certainly than Bruno.
I'm not going to act like I spend a ton of time watching the RS but haven't they been using Fabinho deep and the others more box to box? Where as Guimaraes tends to play the deep role?

I honestly don't even know anymore I'm trying to remember when I last closely watched 90 minutes of a Liverpool match.

That being said yes Jordan Henderson is kinda alright at football unfortunately so it isn't that shocking to see numbers reflect that somewhat.

I'm not going to act like I spend a ton of time watching the RS but haven't they been using Fabinho deep and the others more box to box? Where as Guimaraes tends to play the deep role?

I honestly don't even know anymore I'm trying to remember when I last closely watched 90 minutes of a Liverpool match.

That being said yes Jordan Henderson is kinda alright at football unfortunately so it isn't that shocking to see numbers reflect that somewhat.

Guimaraes is very much box to box with Sean Longstaff the deepest of their midfielders.

Your graph isn’t saying Henderson is “alright at football”, it’s saying he’s better than Bruno Guimaraes.

Guimaraes is very much box to box with Sean Longstaff the deepest of their midfielders.

Your graph isn’t saying Henderson is “alright at football”, it’s saying he’s better than Bruno Guimaraes.
He's better at two things than Guimaraes.

And he honestly might just be better. You don't rate him because of factors that aren't how good he is at football. That's why numbers are useful.

He's better at two things than Guimaraes.

And he honestly might just be better. You don't rate him because of factors that aren't how good he is at football. That's why numbers are useful.

He’s not better at either of them than Guimaraes. And no I don’t, I think Bruno Guimaraes is better, because he is, and everyone in football would probably acknowledge that. You don’t watch football and get your information from stupid graphs though so it doesn’t really matter what you think.

He’s not better at either of them than Guimaraes. And no I don’t, I think Bruno Guimaraes is better, because he is, and everyone in football would probably acknowledge that. You don’t watch football and get your information from stupid graphs though so it doesn’t really matter what you think.
Henderson's peak when the RS were very good was pretty damn high mate. Yes today I'd take Guimaraes because he's got the legs.

Well that graph is based on the 2022/23 season? Pascal Gross is better than Henderson according to that graph.
Gross is also a decent player mate!

The things that aren't tracking here seem to be 1. this is two of many aspects to football and doesn't mean someone is wholly better than someone else 2. sometimes players who are worse overall can do specific things better than someone who is better than them.

This chart doesn't say Pascal Gross is better or worse than anyone overall and your inability to read it that way is not a reflection of anything or anyone but you.

Gross is also a decent player mate!

The things that aren't tracking here seem to be 1. this is two of many aspects to football and doesn't mean someone is wholly better than someone else 2. sometimes players who are worse overall can do specific things better than someone who is better than them.

This chart doesn't say Pascal Gross is better or worse than anyone overall and your inability to read it that way is not a reflection of anything or anyone but you.

But if you watch football you actually know that Jordan Henderson is not a more creative player than Bruno Guimaraes?

The more words you type the less sense you make even though you’re absolutely convinced otherwise.

Good player.

F0LLNGJacAAfnzz

Anyway here is the original post @TheBigIguana

“Good player”, followed by a set of numbers that tell us nothing. Harvey Elliott is near the top of this list, above Bernardo Silva. Please put the spreadsheets down and start watching the sport.

But if you watch football you actually know that Jordan Henderson is not a more creative player than Bruno Guimaraes?

The more words you type the less sense you make even though you’re absolutely convinced otherwise.
This graph is still showing only one aspect of many that could be termed "creativity"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back