Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you never admitted he was bad before now mate.

All through his tough times you said the same thing "Hes good, you all cant see it", that was the line you trotted out.

For you now to admit he was bad is quite eye-opening.
That's not all the way true, I've never thought he was a bad player but I have said he played bad for games or spells I'm almost certain

Simply put because he probably didn't understand how great his engine was, and the analytics department never bothered to do certain tests on the team.
Not sure about that, even a casual runner can estimate how much distance his cardio can tolerate.

Seems like he never tried to push himself to the limit and see how far he can go.

Maybe it can be. But trust me, most on here will agree; watching a game at a ground, then watching the same game back on TV whilst not chalk and cheese, the game just seems different on TV.

Being at a live gig, then seeing a version of it on TV is the only thing I can think of as another example. And its not football; its any sport.

But we have ploughed this furrow before. The player has improved.
Gold
Unless you're a scout sent to evaluate a specific player, a relative of the player or stuck in one corner behind a pillar so he's all you can see - then I find it very weird you're watching one player rather than following the game which means where the ball is mate.

Exactly the same as you do on TV only with a way worse view.
i think it called periphery vision mate. Not that weird.
When your looking at the tv you can probably see your wall paper and friends vhs collection out the corner of your eye.
If you are at a game you see more of the pitch.
you can tell whether a pass is a good pass because you can see where all the other players are on the pitch. You know which player is which because you understand the position they are playing.
On tv it’s a small fraction of the pitch, you often don’t notice the defender positioning etc.
Not that difficult, certainly not weird.

Reactions: kev
Maybe it can be. But trust me, most on here will agree; watching a game at a ground, then watching the same game back on TV whilst not chalk and cheese, the game just seems different on TV.

Being at a live gig, then seeing a version of it on TV is the only thing I can think of as another example. And its not football; its any sport.

But we have ploughed this furrow before. The player has improved.
It’s a strange phenomenon, but a real one.

How he performs at Arsenal at the weekend will be instructive. There's been a big improvement in this lad over the last 6 months. The challenge now is to prove to the skeptics that the improvement is real and not some temporary aberration. Let's face it, the arc of his career suggests that the skeptics have it right. But a big showing at Arsenal - his former club - would certainly provide pause for thought. Maybe we were wrong. Prove that we were, Alex...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back