2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
his stats not good so 20m is a good deal for us
he has turned his game around at the end of last season so bit sad to see him go but if we get Gonto then its worth it

123 PL appearances some of which were as a sub out of a possible 155 PL appearances (4 seasons + 3 games this one). Means he has not played in almost 1 full season out of 4 in the PL. 6 goals in that time. Out of just over the 3 full seasons he has played we have been close to relegation twice.

Will we miss him? I don’t think so. Will we benefit from not paying him £5.2m for the next year. Yes we will.

James, 26 games, 2044 minutes played, goals 6, assists 9.

Iwobi, 140 games, 9761 minutes played, 9 goals, 16 assist.

Comparison is embarrassing. James would of destroyed iwobis stats over his whole time at everton if james would of played a full season.

James got proper assists as well none of this iwobi 5 yard pass to mcneils who then has to run 40 yards and take it round two defenders and hit a worldie top bin.
James was a magnificent magician who was made of glass. Iwobi is an illusionist like Derren Brown, who makes people believe he's better than he is. I would always take the 20 games a season of James than the 40+ of Iwobi.

James, 26 games, 2044 minutes played, goals 6, assists 9.

Iwobi, 140 games, 9761 on the pitch, 9 goals, 16 assist.

Comparison is embarrassing. James would of destroyed iwobis stats over his whole time at everton if james would of played a full season.

James got proper assists as well none of this iwobi 5 yard pass to mcneils who then has to run 40 yards and take it round two defenders and hit a worldie top bin.
Fixed. :D

His goals return is so so poor. He's not going the change that anywhere else.
Wish him well but the very definition of a "meh" player.

There was a poor chap I was with at school in maths class, his work was always pristinely neat but at the end of it all, his final answer would nearly always be wrong and the teacher would slate him for it.

He reminds me of him. Only he gets massive wages, obviously.

Difference being. One was a genuine world class player who if we are being honest, had no business playing for Everton. It still amazes me that he did.

100% james was a world class player thats why youd of been looking at double digits for goals and assists if he could of played a full season.

Having said that 6 goals and 9 assists in a full season isnt asking alot from your "creative" spark i dont think.

Last season:

Olise: 11 assists and 2 goals

James Maddison: 9 assits and 10 goals

Morgan Gibbs-White: 8 assits and 5 goals

Jack Harrison: 10 assists and 6 goals

All players from teams battling relegation last season all better then iwobi. Thats what you expect from creative players every season.

123 PL appearances some of which were as a sub out of a possible 155 PL appearances (4 seasons + 3 games this one). Means he has not played in almost 1 full season out of 4 in the PL. 6 goals in that time. Out of just over the 3 full seasons he has played we have been close to relegation twice.

Will we miss him? I don’t think so. Will we benefit from not paying him £5.2m for the next year. Yes we will.
Correction, make that £6.25m - he’s our highest paid player on £120k p/w

You've got to worry more about why almost every decent player that plays for Everton almost invariably turns into turd level rubbish until they go elsewhere, toxic fanbase and crap club management? seems more like an Everton problem if you ask any honest person out there.
But Alex Iwobi isnt a decent player, he was crap for Arsenal, crap for Nigeria and crap for us.

You've got to worry more about why almost every decent player that plays for Everton almost invariably turns into turd level rubbish until they go elsewhere, toxic fanbase and crap club management? seems more like an Everton problem if you ask any honest person out there.
Is that you Alex?

Status
Not open for further replies.