Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Alexandre Pato and why we should sign him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greek Fisherman

Player Valuation: £8m
Is transfer listed for £10m after his move to Brazil didn't worked out.
I genuinely can't think of any other player who we can afford, potentially may want to come, is world class and would leave us with money left over to strengthen the squad.

We need a 25 goal a yr striker and I've convinced Lukaku isn't coming back.
I can only laugh at some of the names being thrown up on forums and social media as potential targets - Bent, Hooper, Ba, Welbeck, Adebayor, Cisse, the list goes on.. I've even seen Borini and Samaras get a mention.

When was the last time we owned a world class striker period? The year before last we were paying to watch Anichebe, Stracqualursi and Vellios.

This could potentially be a game change for our club. Yes we've all heard the "he is injury prone" argument - and without sounding dismissive, he played in excess of 40 games last season and is only 24.

A calculated risk for a proven goal scorer? Thoughts?

How on earth can he play up top on his own in the prem ????

And he is nowere near World class.

Actually, if he's that cheap I wouldn't mind seeing him at Goodison - but not as our out and out forward. He's too injury prone and would probably be battered to high heaven but he could probably do a job in the number 10 role

10m £ is still alot of money for a guy who hasn't scored over 10 goals in any league since 2010-11. But he is young, and if Bobby could somehow get him to put his partying ways behind him, and more importantly, lower the cost. I'd be in.

The same way Suarez, Remy and others do. I've seen players go for much more, who offer much less.

Those players played upfront on own before, Pato has not, and he has had 3 clubs in 3 years....and your sugesting a 4th.

That sets alarm bells off for me, to stay clear.

Maybe something like 5m rising to 10m based on appearances and goals but that's it. Way to risky otherwise.

Those players played upfront on own before, Pato has not, and he has had 3 clubs in 3 years....and your sugesting a 4th.

That sets alarm bells off for me, to stay clear.

This is how bargains are had. You wouldn't be paying such a low fee if he was settled.

Similar in style and supposed price bracket as Javier Hernandez, I know which one I'd go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back