Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Alexandre Pato and why we should sign him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt we could afford his wages.

Also didnt he get booted outta milan because he likes a party and the birds a little bit to much

So do I. And no, he got sold off as he was injury prone and broke up with the owners daughter.

Either way it looks like a no from the majority.

Can't belive people are actually saying no to pato was quality a few years back and is only 24 seems like he has lost his way a little but I reckon bobby with a arm round his shoulder could get him right back on track.

Provincial? I believe Corinthians generate more revenue then us. Do we know the reasons why he was swapped out?

Sounds a lot like City loaning out Barry?

Sometimes things don't work out.

First of all, daft comparison. Nobody has said Barry was world class, he was in the final year of his contract and didn't feature in the new managers plans.

Are you suggesting things never worked out for Barry at City? Well, his FA Cup winners medal and his Premiership medal (not forgetting the esteem the City fans hold him in) say otherwise.

Can't belive people are actually saying no to pato was quality a few years back and is only 24 seems like he has lost his way a little but I reckon bobby with a arm round his shoulder could get him right back on track.

I'm with you.

Yaya Toure was still playing in Greece at 24, and most hadn't even heard of Drogba.

I'd have him on loan, or for a small fee, on an incentive based contract. I wouldn't in a million years, shell out £10 million on him, like the op is suggesting.

Would gladly pay £10m for Pato of 2008-2011.

Pato of today is severely broken down. You never know, he could come here and be a huge success but it's such a risk.

First of all, daft comparison. Nobody has said Barry was world class, he was in the final year of his contract and didn't feature in the new managers plans.

Are you suggesting things never worked out for Barry at City? Well, his FA Cup winners medal and his Premiership medal (not forgetting the esteem the City fans hold him in) say otherwise.

Who suggested that? What I'm saying is that Barry was allowed out on loan whilst his parent club paid 50% of his wages. Based on your argument, that happened as he wasn't any good, right?

Maybe Pato didn't settle, didn't perform, didn't "feature in the new managers plans" Irrespective he is available for 10m and for me could offer us something very special.

Who suggested that?[/] What I'm saying is that Barry was allowed out on loan whilst his parent club paid 50% of his wages. Based on your argument, that happened as he wasn't any good, right?

Maybe Pato didn't settle, didn't perform, didn't "feature in the new managers plans" Irrespective he is available for 10m and for me could offer us something very special.

Go back and read the post I quoted.

24-year-old world class strikers do NOT get loaned, with their parent club paying 50% of their wages.

Bought Pato for us on FIFA last year, scored over 60 goals in his first season and I turned down an offer of 96 mill for him from Real the next.

Clearly, he is the greatest player, in the world, ever.

Go back and read the post I quoted.

24-year-old world class strikers do NOT get loaned, with their parent club paying 50% of their wages.

As I said do you know the reasons why? He got loaned out and his wages got paid for as part of a swap deal involving another player. You and I don't know that exact reasons why but it could have been for any number of them.

What is your point? Are you telling me you don't think Pato isn't all that because he got loaned out? Cool. It happens.

As I said do you know the reasons why? He got loaned out and his wages got paid for as part of a swap deal involving another player. You and I don't know that exact reasons why but it could have been for any number of them.

What is your point? Are you telling me you don't think Pato isn't all that because he got loaned out? Cool. It happens.

World class players aren't used as the minor part of a swap deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back