• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

All Our Yesterdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alan Ball wicketkeeper, with the England 1966 World Cup squad.

CnwqhbAWIAE4Ba-.jpg

45618.webp
One for @Yid4life
Alfie Conn after slotting against Chelsea in a crucial relegation game,up there with the ugliest footballers,he was tipped to have a great career ahead of him dont know what happened to him

View attachment 26776
One for @Yid4life
Alfie Conn after slotting against Chelsea in a crucial relegation game,up there with the ugliest footballers,he was tipped to have a great career ahead of him dont know what happened to him

When I first started going to the Lane on my own, written across the exit doors to the away end was the slogan 'Alfie Conn is god'. Last ever play to be signed by the legendary Billy Nick if memory serves. Conn scored a H-T on his debut against Newcastle and was famous for sitting on the ball vs Leeds in our last home game of the season when we were battling to stay up.

Still well thought of down here. Went back to Scotland I think. Possibly (@Mikey_Fitzgerald) the first fella to play for both Rangers and Celtic (?).

When I first started going to the Lane on my own, written across the exit doors to the away end was the slogan 'Alfie Conn is god'. Last ever play to be signed by the legendary Billy Nick if memory serves. Conn scored a H-T on his debut against Newcastle and was famous for sitting on the ball vs Leeds in our last home game of the season when we were battling to stay up.

Still well thought of down here. Went back to Scotland I think. Possibly (@Mikey_Fitzgerald) the first fella to play for both Rangers and Celtic (?).
Hated by both

Post-war probably, if he is? I thought the first ones were in the early 1900's.

Either way, one of a handful of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back