2022/23 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather Allan any day over Davies Doucoure or Gomes. I think he’s treated quite harshly because of his reputation whereas Iwobi is massively overrated for doing some very basic things like running or passing to another player. I’ve always felt Allan has given 100% for us, he’s just not always been fit, has been in formations and positions not suited to his lack of pace, and has been surrounded by utter non entities like Davies and Gomes.

Injured players aren’t a financial drain on the wage bill, they’re injured players

He was on the bench last week wasn't he?

Just like people saying he was injured end of last season yet was a sub v all of Leicester, Brentford and Watford IIRC.

Think Lampard just think he's too slow to play in his midfield.

Surely a Serie A club would take him on season loan.

He was class when he joined. The only reason we didn’t get Europe in the asterisk season is because he got injured in the run in and we fell away.

Unfortunately he never seemed to fully recover from that injury as when he got to full fitness always seemed to have another round the corner. Great player though before breaking down.
Always been a poor mans Gueye to me. Few standout games but never consistent or fit enough to be in Gana's class.

Implying every player on the bench is a drain. It’s a squad game, there’s a preferred 11 and the rest. If he stays he will still
Play a part in our season
I don’t dispute the squad bit but he’s one of our highest earners who you would expect, based on that to be first choice (and a perfectly competent first choice.)

I see Davies as a perfectly good squad player for our current level and finances and the same for vinegre and Holgate for example.
The likes of Gomes and Allan are remnants of old mistakes, paying high salaries for players that aren’t cut out for not only Everton but the premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.