2022/23 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Allan NEA.
He was fine. Decent player and never saw a problem with his attitude - just think his legs went very quick once the decline started, which is unfortunate and not really something that anyone could've predicted. Some players gradually lose them over a couple of years, his seemed to go over a 6 month period.

He was fine. Decent player and never saw a problem with his attitude - just think his legs went very quick once the decline started, which is unfortunate and not really something that anyone could've predicted. Some players gradually lose them over a couple of years, his seemed to go over a 6 month period.

Id move on him like as it just business sense mate, but I like him, leaves it all out there.

I wish we could have him and Gomes go the Gbamin way, out of the club.
Allan only has a year left, so getting much other than part of the wages paid on loan is probably unrealistic. If we're lucky, Mourinho was serious about a purchase.

I don't see how we get anything meaningful back for Gomes. Three 'ins' means we need two 'outs' given the UAs, or people don't get squad numbers. Gomes would seem to be first on that list.

I expect him to get a move somwhere before the end of the window.

His legs went and he didn't / couldn't adapt his playstyle to that fact. He played a bit brainlessly imo. Gave away loads of fouls and got dribbled past loads as he just charged about the pitch making himself very easy to play around and leaving gaping holes in our midfield.

Can never doubt his commitment on the pitch and he did have some really good games for us put I'd put Allan down as one of our more silly purchases.

Crazy how under Carlo he was the first name on the team sheet. It felt like we had found our Fabinho, Kante, Rodri. He had never been injured then all of a sudden Everton happened and he got a groin injury and it seems like he was never the same player again. I loved him breaking up the play and his drive but he used to give stupid fouls away and get booked every single game. Unfortunately just don’t see a way back for him him in the team. It’s a shame because he was fantastic on his day, just his day was about 6 of them.

Currently looking like another signing on big wages who'll see out his contract with us unless things start to move quickly

I think he was okay for us to be honest

Just not fit enough

When he was playing I thought he was a solid midfield option

Not very exciting or flashy, but I'm not really bothered about that sort of stuff

I think the opposite, whenever he played we had a yawning chasm in the middle of the park because he’d vacate his position and not have the mobility to get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.