• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

"Always the victim..It's never your fault" Origins..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of it is Hillsborough.

The clearing of the reputation of the dead has been extrapolated to read "Liverpool fans in total were blameless" yet the elephant in the room of WHY the police opened the gates remains.

It's hard to think of an answer that doesn't include the size and behaviour of the crowd they were trying to control.

The inevitable court case with an impartial jury will either prove or disprove the assertion Liverpool fans were blameless, not politicians or a panel who's terms of reference and constituent members could not be construed as neutral.

I never had that song down as having anything to do with Hillsborough either, but maybe that's just because I'm an Evertonian.

It only appeared post-Suarez/Evra affair, didn't it?

I don't know what business some of Yernited's lot had singing it yesterday. Difficult to construe it any other way given the circumstances, really. Do they normally sing songs about Liverpool when they're not playing them? I ask because I actually have no idea.

They spend a good 30 minutes of every game they take the lead in singing "Are you watching Merseyside?"

They're obsessed. ^^ It's quite funny really, because if I were a Manc I'd be thoroughly nonplussed about football on Merseyside as it hasn't been a threat to them at all for over 20 years.

A lot of United fans who were there weren't too happy with the fans who sang it and have said it was a stupid thing to do, it was partly to do with Hillsbourough. Majority of united fans are totally disgusted and some have written about it on forums. We all have dickheads in our clubs they have apologised, best forget about it now. I have been angry about it but not now.

Only chant which annoys me which others clubs say and some of our fans whom I have had told off is when they say LFC fans are bin dippers. That's a slur on poverty, Londoners coming up here saying that and they are all on the dole that's just not right. I find that more of a class chant ridicule and that's because of where Liverpool is locally and because Merseyside has not had good time ecomically compared to rich London. So if it's chant to do about locality - Merseyside then it's not just a slur on the RS but Evertonians too. I live in the same city as my cousins. So in that case everyone else here who lives in Merseyside must be dippers. Everytime I hear one of our fans say the RS are dippers a pub etc I have huge argument with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back