Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a difference between physical presence and being mobile. When you’re 6’5”, shorter guys get past you more easily. Onana looks good in the tackle so that’s good but the prem pace might mean he’ll be out of position at times.

I don’t particularly think height is as important in the midfield as it is in central defence for example. The ideal dm is kante who just gets about the pitch and covers a ton of ground. It’s also weird that if we get gana we also sign yet another DM.

I do wish the lad well, but our priorities were a striker, CM and RB.
I think Gana is the DM and Onana will in time become our CM...

There is a difference between physical presence and being mobile. When you’re 6’5”, shorter guys get past you more easily. Onana looks good in the tackle so that’s good but the prem pace might mean he’ll be out of position at times.

I don’t particularly think height is as important in the midfield as it is in central defence for example. The ideal dm is kante who just gets about the pitch and covers a ton of ground. It’s also weird that if we get gana we also sign yet another DM.

I do wish the lad well, but our priorities were a striker, CM and RB.
This lad is a CM so addresses a priority though?

He also likes very mobile to me.

Remains to be seen but Bruno Guimares looked very good on Saturday for Newcastle, would have liked to sign that type of CM player instead.
I watched most of the game and he didn't do anything of note at all and was playing against a newly promoted Forrest team.

Unlikely to be today so not to clash with the closing ceremony of the commonwealth games

Champions league qualifiers on Tuesday and Wednesday, Europa League Thursday, so we're looking at Friday at this point, by my rough calculations
Won't be Friday, would be preparing for the game on sat, then obviously the actual game, then the French apparently don't work weekends, so realistically looking at next Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.