2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Garner is going to play everywhere because of injuries mate. Say what you want about Gana, but there aren’t 11 players better than him in the squad. Until we are fully healthy expect Dyche to try and put all of them onto the field at the same time with Garner playing a good bit of RM and RB. 4 of our best players all happen to play the same position.

Seems mad to use Garner as a utility player when hes better than Gana in a two.

Tbh id be quite comfortable selling Gana.

Which 4 of our best players play in the same position?

Ye Gana needs moving on to the bench

Would love to see a midfield 3 of Garner, Onana and McNeil if we get another wide player in, or if Dobbin steps up

I think the Iling-Junior and Gnonto links enable us to do exactly that ;)

15 million for Maupay - when 50p was too much .....
£12mil incl add ons.

Seems mad to use Garner as a utility player when hes better than Gana in a two.

Tbh id be quite comfortable selling Gana.

Which 4 of our best players play in the same position?

I think the Iling-Junior and Gnonto links enable us to do exactly that ;)

£12mil incl add ons.
Gana/Doucore/Garner/Onana all play in the central midfield. Until we get better depth and a better player to replace Iwobi we will see Garner in different positions. It’s not Dyche’s fault we aren’t making signings. We absolutely should not sell Gana under any circumstances unless we have a replacement (which we don’t).

I agree that Onana and Garner should be prepared to start together very soon as they improve. Nothing wrong with having a good rotation and keeping the minute limit down as well. Especially in that position.

Let me add also that Garner is playing the same exact role in right midfield. He is a foil for Patterson but that is about the extent of his wing duties.

Gana/Doucore/Garner/Onana all play in the central midfield. Until we get better depth and a better player to replace Iwobi we will see Garner in different positions. It’s not Dyche’s fault we aren’t making signings. We absolutely should not sell Gana under any circumstances unless we have a replacement (which we don’t).

I agree that Onana and Garner should be prepared to start together very soon as they improve. Nothing wrong with having a good rotation and keeping the minute limit down as well. Especially in that position.
For me, id be a little pedantic and say Doucoure plays in an advanced midfield role. So only Gana, Onana and Garner are used for the two central positions.

When were using two players in central midfield they need to have solid positioning and be able to pass. Gana has neither in his skillset.

Onana and Garner have to form a partnership there to lock the two spots down.

I dont believe Dyche has paired them together yet as a duo.

Why do some fans want to sell Gana?
He is one of the most underrated players we have, anyone remember Liverpool at home last season, they were just starting to get on top, then Gana came on and changed the dynamics of the game completely.
we also need a squad of players, he always leaves everything on the pitch, when there's a battle taking place on the pitch he is one player I want on my team

Yes like thinking he will go for anything close to £80m based off what we seen from him last season, being mentioned or saying he’s better than established champions league winning captains. It’s clear he has potential that’s great but we need to see if he can consistently perform at them levels. Yes we’re crap but I’d still like to see him have more than 1 good game in every 7/8. Adel Taarabt looked a world beater at times and Ben arfa another but both too inconsistent, that’s the next step for Onana trying to be consistent with his performances.
Has lavia been better for Southampton? Probably similar, inconsistent but has talent and every few games will show it. He’s now in the championship and Southampton want 50mil.

Going off current prices, it would take much to be an 80mil player next summer

Why do some fans want to sell Gana?
He is one of the most underrated players we have, anyone remember Liverpool at home last season, they were just starting to get on top, then Gana came on and changed the dynamics of the game completely.
we also need a squad of players, he always leaves everything on the pitch, when there's a battle taking place on the pitch he is one player I want on my team

I wouldn’t sell Gana but I think Garner, Onana and Doucoure needs to be our midfield three this season unless we have any changes. Bed the former two into the side and allow them to reach their potential. Garner was a fantastic midfielder for Forest in their promotion push and deserves his time to shine and he’s always looked comfortable for us so far and deserves his shot. Onana I think is probably best in the position Gana plays. I wouldn’t sell but I wouldn’t start him either unless it’s for tactical reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.