2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Tarks and Holgate went to the same man, leaving so much space. I know it's early days but communication will need to quickly improve.

Can't really blame Onana for the goal even though it was him who gave away possession, we had opportunity to win it back or at least prevent the goal.
Tom D should have taken him down tbf.

Freekick 30 yards out, jobs a good un

Tbf if Davies was capable of running quickly he could have got back and covered...
iirc, one game Vs W Ham (?) we lost the ball in their half, 2 players chased it - well 1 did, Davies just jogged. Rooney - in full Puffing Billy mode - bust a gut to get back - he could see whst was going to happen and it did.
I'm not sure Davies even saw the possibilities for danger, if he did he wasn't arsed.

It was 2 vs 5 when they scored the second. Should never have ended with a goal.
I agree. Onana losing the ball just inside their half should not have been the defining moment when we still had players behind him to defend their breakaway. The lad was just trying to do what the others couldn't by running at the Villa defence and was probably too keen having just been introduced onto the pitch. Can't really criticise him for that - let's be fair about it, we were giving the ball away all afternoon and couldn't string two passes together or win the second ball leaving us on the back foot most of the game until the final 15 minutes when Onana finally awoke us from our slumber.

Status
Not open for further replies.