2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the MOTM shouts are overblown.

Defensively he is a machine, albeit he did get rounded a couple of times, but as I have said before his positional sense, presence and his ability to get into the tackle is first class.

As a few have said, his passing is definitely something that needs to be worked on. I do think this is more a pace thing and settling into the higher intensity rather than a technical flaw.

Give him until after the WC to fully settle in, but a midfield three of Iwobi, Gana and Onana will keep us in the Premier League.
He's exactly as described before we signed him: raw talent but with all the attributes to be a top midfielder.

Few miss placed passes and is a bit unsteady on his feet at times but if ye 9ft10 then it’s to be expected, has all the attributes to be a special box to box player, just needs a couple more months to get up to speed with the pace, but I like this lid??

Wow yes 3 or 4 times he name dropped him in different stages of the interview.

Must love him and no doubt referencing him as a long term leader for the team.

Pogba more of an advanced player of course...Onana I dont think we'll be able to put him in a bracket for another couple of seasons.

For the size, build, athleticism and drive Id say Vieira but thats with the leadership as well of course...maybe even a Toure but they are probably lazy examples on my part.

With Iwobi and Gana in a 3 he'll have legs around him to really showcase what hes all about.

If he can reach the level of the two ive name dropped, and i believe Lampard is expecting as such...I suspect he'll lead the new wave were seeing at the moment.

That of course is Patterson, Onana and Gordon.

…yep, I think Viera is a good comparison re application, he’s a different type to Pogba but I think he has that mobility in a huge frame.

He won’t be on the pitch in the 90th minute, he’ll be subbed or Liverpool will have got him sent off.
Wouldn't be in the least bit surprised! Hopefully Gana, Coady and Tarkowski will keep him out of trouble!
Oh and a strong referee, if that's even possible?

Last edited:

Loved this interview and for him to say that energy and fighting spirit is maybe what was missing last season he was spot on in saying that great to have such a young lad who’s come through hard times and seems to genuinely appreciate the position he’s in as a footballer who’s still hungry to play and achieve things if the squads built on this with other players and they give 100% every game then you can’t ask for more than that even if they aren’t the most talented hate to see the best going through the motions Not interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.