2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Onana has not developed yet so its interesting to discuss which player he may become similar to (I also actually replied to someone doing the same).

Until then hes only potential...so saying hes 'onana' is meaningless without a benchmark comparison.

Ive always found your desire to attention seek by frequently changing your name a bit weird as well.

Do you do a lot of roleplay and cosplay at home? Is it part of some kind of fetish?

Im glad it makes you happy...but id like to see the deedpoll.
@MaupsGoat I always find your interactions humorous, but he’s bodied you here.

You’ll recover, but going after the Epilepsy community ain’t it.

We need to accept that he'll be gone in about 3 years. And that's ok.
We have enough young talent simultaneously under contract that it may not go down that way. If they don't need to leave for Champions League footy, they may not. If the decision is, say, between a big wage at United and Conference League or staying put in a comfortable situation, we may be able to keep our players.

Obviously, if Madrid shows up with a big wage packet there's no fending them off. Even SAF couldn't stop that.

We have enough young talent simultaneously under contract that it may not go down that way. If they don't need to leave for Champions League footy, they may not. If the decision is, say, between a big wage at United and Conference League or staying put in a comfortable situation, we may be able to keep our players.

Obviously, if Madrid shows up with a big wage packet there's no fending them off. Even SAF couldn't stop that.
Leighton Baines was 1 of the best LBs in world football and he stayed for 10+ years.

But yes, we need to give these lads a decision to make by moving up the table.

I think we would struggle if 1 of the bigger teams comes in for a lad with no real ties to Everton tho.

But hey, hes here now, lets focus on that and worry about where he goes next when we need to.

I challenge everyone to compare him to players without using other black players. Vieira and Toure are lazy, someone tell me why he's Bastien Schweinsteiger.

what you jabbering on about? Are you saying he looks like Schweinsteiger? If so say it.

If people have seen things in him which makes them think he has a bit of Vieira or Toure, well that's because they remind him of those players, not because he's black.

I challenge everyone to compare him to players without using other black players. Vieira and Toure are lazy, someone tell me why he's Bastien Schweinsteiger.
He reminds me of Scott McTominay, very similar physically and if McTominay was ever allowed to play his natural role as a box to box midfielder I’m pretty sure their playing styles would be similar.

Wtf? He literally moves and plays like a cross between Vieira and Toure, what’s his skin colour got to do with it? I suppose it’s lazy to say Gueye is similar to Kante as well?
Better make sure not to compare Patterson to young Coleman because they’re both white and British, I suppose that’s racist?

Vieira & Toure are right up there as two of the best central midfielders in the premier league era. I'm not a huge fan of jumping on the hype train & bigging players up too early but if some on here see attributes of Onana's game that in it's early form is somewhat comparable to either of thiers then they are free to do so.
The insinuation of it being a purely lazy black comparison does not sit well with me at all.
If you made a list of say the 10-15 best central midfielders to grace the premier league i would imagine at least a third of that list happens to be black.
In fact lets throw so names out there.

Patrick Vieira, Yaya Toure, Michael Essien, Claude Makelele, Ngolo Kante etc. Mix that list with the likes of Keane, Fabregas, Gerrard, Lampard, Silva, De Bruyne, Carrick, Milner etc & stylistically i can see why some on here would make an early, raw comparison to Toure or Vieira instead of some of the others. He doesn't having a playing style like most of the other players i listed currently.
Could he in the future? Sure, but right now his style is more akin to Toure & Vieira hence the comparisons some have made.

I shouldn't even need to make this post. We're better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.