2023/24 Amadou Onana

But nobody has mentioned any of that except for you, that’s a completely different point to pulling Onana up for not trying to win a header that he was never going to which subsequently would of left his man free in the centre of the pitch in doing so. He did what a central midfielder should do.
Can I ask what is he protecting the middle of the park from mate? Ze Germans? Aliens? Cos Newcastle have already gone 40 yards the other way.

Gana has 2 players around him, but more than happy to say I consider Gana a bit half arsed and nothing like the player he was before he left for PSG and I would rather not comment on Ben Godfrey.
Yes, they’ve doubled up on Gana, the other central midfielder and Ashley Young is miles away and not helping whatsoever. Under no circumstances do I want BOTH my centre midfielders completely awol. Onana did his job in not going for the header, he didn’t track his runner for the next passage of play so by all means kick him in the love spuds for that instead!

Yes, they’ve doubled up on Gana, the other central midfielder and Ashley Young is miles away and not helping whatsoever. Under no circumstances do I want BOTH my centre midfielders completely awol. Onana did his job in not going for the header, he didn’t track his runner for the next passage of play so by all means kick him in the love spuds for that instead!
It was just something I noticed when I watched the replay after the game.

Hes somebody elses problem in the Summer.

So he's not as good as two excellent players in his position?

I don't think this adds much to the debate.
Barry was in his mid thirties and past his best but still worked harder than Onana ever tries to do and took the game by the scruff of the neck and urged his teammates to do better just by playing the way he did. Rice was an up coming young player in a poor team but stood out by his football and being part of the team throughout the game, he also actually was sold for, was it over £100M? His potential became reality and maybe he could help Arsenal to win the title this year.

Half-hearted?

If you think DCL is half-hearted, I reckon that makes Onana a pacemaker.

I dont expect young players to play well for 90minutes every game.

Jimmy Garner is a young player and hes not on it every game, but he had a stellar game against Burnley, honestly, when was the last time Onana actually caught the eye in a game?
We’ll agree to disagree. I see a centre forward who puts defenders under very little pressure, who mistimes his jumps for headers, who doesn’t have a killer instinct in front of goal and who has a very, very average scoring record during his time with us. Yes, there are some mitigating factors but I just don’t rate him as an Everton number 9....I don’t dislike him, but I just don’t see him getting enough goals which is his primary job. Is he any better statistically than the likes of Che Adams, Chris Woods, Mikael Antonio, Bryan M’Buemo, Carlton Morris etc? He’s in that bracket for me and if any of those were touted as coming to us there’d be uproar.
When was the last time you saw Dom scoring from outside the box, or putting in a MotM display? I find him so frustrating to watch every week.
Onana is underrated by people who think he should be dominating games. He’s a young lad in his first spell in a very different league in a team that has a very limited midfield. It’s telling that he’s one of only three sellable assets we have along with Pickford and Branthwaite. I don’t recall any real interest in DCL.

Mate, Rodri catches the eye every single game he plays, Onana goes AWOL for 80minutes every game.

Hes got a decent passing range and when he cba he is great at the defensive game.

But in a game the other day I watched the whole game pass him by, people ran past him like he wasnt there and the stats said he had a 100% tackle rate, which was laughable.

As ive said, in a good side, he will be fine, hes a very talented boy and will no doubt get us some decent money this summer, but for us, hes not very good.
Dont bother. Can’t argue with Mrs ‘Zat’ Onana.. She loses the plot with anyone who doesn’t agree her son is worth £150m and the best midfielder in world footballer.

IMG_8590.jpeg