2023/24 Amadou Onana

Dyche’s set up is awful for him, no denying that. But people make excuses for this guy. Did Dyche make him dally on the ball for about 30 seconds at one point and then play an embarrassing pass out for a goal kick?

He has to show much more responsibility than he is.

Agree. He doesn't suit the set up that Dyche plays him in but he also gives about 75% effort (if that) in most games. Cares more about getting a move to a top club than us, I'd sell him in the summer and get someone who actually fights for us. I really don't care if players want to leave and think they can be better than us, that's expected, but when you do play for us then give your all.

Taken 18 months for anyone to publicly criticise him for refusing to follow an opposing midfielder (who doesn’t have the ball) walking past him then running into our box unopposed. Irrelevant how many stretchy hooking slide tackles he does until he sorts this out. Has done it from day 1, every match. Countless goals conceded because of it, but because he is always out of camera shot, it’s always a defenders fault, or the cross should have been stopped, or Pickford should have parried it away from the middle of the goal. The fact he is out of camera shot is the issue.

Wouldn’t mind if he was awol after bursting into the opponents box, but he is allergic to that too. The modern antithesis of a box to box midfielder who refuses to enter either box.

Agree. He doesn't suit the set up that Dyche plays him in but he also gives about 75% effort (if that) in most games. Cares more about getting a move to a top club than us, I'd sell him in the summer and get someone who actually fights for us. I really don't care if players want to leave and think they can be better than us, that's expected, but when you do play for us then give your all.

Always thought it was a bit odd he opted for us rather than the Hammers at the time, considering they were heading into Europe and we were clearly going to be spending another season fighting to stay up. Could have been wages, but perhaps Moyes met with him and worked him out - definitely not his kind of player! Always thought Dyche was a bit similar but doesn't seem to be able to get a work ethic out of this lazy bunch.

Think you're right. The way he was smirking and chatting to the opposition while we were 4-0 down spoke volumes.

Changed my perception of him last night to be honest.
I’ve filed him away as a fist waving phoney for a while now, but the pally act with the chelsea players at half-time sank to new depths.

He’ll look good in a good team because other players will work hard around him. As for us, he’s another passenger that we cannot afford.

75%? You’re too kind.

Yet another very poor performance from a vastly overrated player.
He shows zero effort, only ventures forward for corners and lacks some basic skills (tackling, controlling the ball, passing more than three yards).
He has been a total waste of space here and his inflated transfer fee has contributed to the financial mess we are in.

He did the basics very poorly last night. He was one of several poor performers but we will learn a lot on Sunday.

A good player doesn't perform like that twice in a row. We need to see a positive reaction.

He regularly performs like that. Such a shame we never sold when his value was at its highest.