2023/24 Amadou Onana

Doesn't score much compared to Fellaini whom I thought was the kinda player he'd emerge into, i.e. gets in the way, covers ground, the odd useful goal.

Like Doucs but perhaps more defensive.

He's been a bit meh in terms of that 'brief', but maybe that's also coaching, team shape, tactics.

I think he should be getting into the box more and getting shots off more. Defensively I can't remember him being more awful than the general dip in form defensively across the back line.

Did Busquets run around like a headless chicken?
Or....hear me out...OR maybe comparing him to one of the best midfielders of all time might be a bit.....preposterous? Maybe comparing him to someone else who ISN'T one of the greatest midfielders of all time might be a more apt comparison? Because, you know, greatest midfielders of all time are the exception.

no idea where the hype around him comes from.

he might have potential, but a handful of MotM performances is a pretty low return.

if we can double our money on him, it'll be good business.

Did Busquets run around like a headless chicken?
You need another script writer Zat. we’ve had that one a couple of times now. If Onana did a tenth of what Busquets did he could run around any way he wanted there would’ve no complaints from me, at the moment I only see him moving now and again and then only to pass the ball sideways and backwards an imposter of a footballer as I have said before.Now you tell me what you see him do because at the present time I could do with a good laugh to cheer me up!

You can see what's going to happen when he gets his move to a better club.
He won't waste any time bad mouthing us, the fans and of course his team mates not working hard enough to allow him to do his job.

He won't waste any time bad mouthing us, the fans and of course his team mates not working hard enough to allow him to do his job.
I don't get the vibe that he'll bad mouth the crowd. The club, maybe, and who could blame him?!

Or....hear me out...OR maybe comparing him to one of the best midfielders of all time might be a bit.....preposterous? Maybe comparing him to someone else who ISN'T one of the greatest midfielders of all time might be a more apt comparison? Because, you know, greatest midfielders of all time are the exception.

You need another script writer Zat. we’ve had that one a couple of times now. If Onana did a tenth of what Busquets did he could run around any way he wanted there would’ve no complaints from me, at the moment I only see him moving now and again and then only to pass the ball sideways and backwards an imposter of a footballer as I have said before.Now you tell me what you see him do because at the present time I could do with a good laugh to cheer me up!

So, if Busquets was the type of midfielder who was successful as an anchor then why cant another player who is excellent in the role for Belgium also be successful?

Just take a moment and think how Busquets would look in the role Onana is being told to play?

Who would he be passing forwards to and how would he be 'marshalling' the midfield of Doucoure (galavanting around like a dog finding a bone) and Garner?

Its not about the quality of the player, its their playing style and how they would be used to be a success in this team?

So, if Busquets was the type of midfielder who was successful as an anchor then why cant another player who is excellent in the role for Belgium also be successful?

Just take a moment and think how Busquets would look in the role Onana is being told to play?

Who would he be passing forwards to and how would he be 'marshalling' the midfield of Doucoure (galavanting around like a dog finding a bone) and Garner?

Its not about the quality of the player, its their playing style and how they would be used to be a success in this team?

I think it's worth noting Busquets played behind 2 other central midfielders.

"I went off on international duty and had an amazing time expressing myself on the pitch. Coming back to Everton, I was excited to showcase those talents onto the pitch and i was on such a high...

...however, the manager told me to just watch balls fly over my head and not take any risks. He would ask me to play with Doucoure and Gana who left so much space that i had to face two players every match.

The fans said I was lazy. I remember Romelu facing the same accusations.

I am thrilled to be joining Bayern/Barcelona and would like to thank Frank Lampard for his time coaching me".