Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Anders Limpar !!

Just had a look there mate- its actually very interesting to see who signed who for the 95 team, its interesting to see how many of Kendall's signings from 91 made the cut and that wasnt considered a successful spell.

One of the most maddest things was selling Beardsely in 93/94, imagine if we he had stayed a couple of years and was in the same team as Andrei - though was hard for him to say no to Newcastle.
I hated Newcastle from the 90s on, they seemed to sign our best players for years (Beardsley, Speed, Ferguson), or even every player we were seemingly linked with (Emre didnt turn out as good as i thought he was gonna be, so wasnt as bothered about that 1 eventually).

A genius, one of the most two footed players we’ve ever had. Watch some of our great counter attacks over that period under Joe, the angles he would carry the ball were incredible, Pires would do something very similar years later

I remember both destroying Liverpool at anfield in late 95. Was a highlight of my childhood.

Side still had Southall in it too. Watson, Parkinson (sad the injuries robbed his career) Unsworth, Hinchcliffe and Ferguson, Speed as well from memory.

Probably the time we really needed somebody to put in investment.

Just imagine a midfield four of this now though....

Limpar - Speed - Parkinson - Kanchelskis.

Compared to

McNeil - Garner - Gueye - Harrison.

Now I feel sad

I hated Newcastle from the 90s on, they seemed to sign our best players for years (Beardsley, Speed, Ferguson), or even every player we were seemingly linked with (Emre didnt turn out as good as i thought he was gonna be, so wasnt as bothered about that 1 eventually).

Out of the three, the speed one was the one that really hurt, should have been here the rest of his career given his love for the club, disgrace how he got treated by i believe Blue Bill.

Thought it was going to be the news he'd fathered a child outside of marriage and has a roving detachable penis.

Disappointed.

Limpar, great player on his day. Kanchelskis was different gravy first season.

95/96 Kanchelskis hardly playing early season cost us finishing 4th minimum

He missed 6 games that season we got 4 points in those, 32 he played in we got 57 - a 7 point difference in the games he missed.

Kanchelskis was my fav player, and thankfully we got him after all the messing around. But everytime i think of Limpar, i think of this goal more than anything

Kanchelskis was the best pure excitement player I've ever seen play for us.

A two year period he was simply unplayable against.

My two claims to 'fame' - I granted him and Richard E Grant their British nationality and personally printed both their NAT certificates 😂

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back