2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Gomez as I am sure all evertonians do and I know he is always saying he likes it here, but why does he always stop short of saying he wants to stay here for good, if he did that I am sure we would all be happy.

Because there's always the chance of other developments or bumps in the road. Maybe he's waiting and seeing how beloved he is if he hits a poor patch of form?
Maybe he doesn't want to be on record publicly committing to the club until he's sure what kind of permanent deal is on the table?
Maybe Everton haven't given him a solid commitment and he doesn't want egg on his face?
Maybe he's being respectful to Barcelona as he's still contracted to them?
Maybe he's not ready to commit to permanently living in another country until he's had a set amount of time there?
Maybe there's other interest and he wants to consider that?

All perfectly reasonable reasons to not start pledging undying allegiance to the Everton cause.

Because there's always the chance of other developments or bumps in the road. Maybe he's waiting and seeing how beloved he is if he hits a poor patch of form?
Maybe he doesn't want to be on record publicly committing to the club until he's sure what kind of permanent deal is on the table?
Maybe Everton haven't given him a solid commitment and he doesn't want egg on his face?
Maybe he's being respectful to Barcelona as he's still contracted to them?
Maybe he's not ready to commit to permanently living in another country until he's had a set amount of time there?
Maybe there's other interest and he wants to consider that?

All perfectly reasonable reasons to not start pledging undying allegiance to the Everton cause.
I am not saying maybe this, maybe that, or that he needs to pledge his future to the Everton at this stage only to say if the circumstances were suitable he would like to stay. Why do some people like to put obstacles in the way all the time.

You believe that all you want if it keeps you happy

I’m happy he’s getting minutes and contributing. If you want to believe the player can dictate to the club he is contracted to whatever he wants to do then who am I to stand in the way of you indulging in fantasy

I am not saying maybe this, maybe that, or that he needs to pledge his future to the Everton at this stage only to say if the circumstances were suitable he would like to stay. Why do some people like to put obstacles in the way all the time.

You posted asking why he stops short of saying he wants to stay for good and I gave a few potential and quite possibly incorrect reasons. Not sure what the obstacles comment is all about?

What is there to be gained from a non-committal "if the circumstances were suitable...."?. It means absolutely nothing given the wide range of possible circumstances and different interpretations of suitable.

If Barca really have their eyes set on Richarlison in the future then I feel it's likely they'd want to complete the Gomes to deal with us. First option on Richy or something included.

His interview on sky then

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.