2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I have read it seems the most obvious come and get me plea I've ever seen apart from someone actually saying come and get me.

Yes it does but I fear Barca will want to get as much as possible for him and if say Spurs come into the equation and we are umming and ahing over a fee then it is possible for someone to steal the march over us. Barca would love several clubs competing for him. We would still be favourites as long as we do not get outpriced

Yes it does but I fear Barca will want to get as much as possible for him and if say Spurs come into the equation and we are umming and ahing over a fee then it is possible for someone to steal the march over us. Barca would love several clubs competing for him. We would still be favourites as long as we do not get outpriced
As I’ve said previously if Gomes says it’s Everton or no one then what can Barca do

As I’ve said previously if Gomes says it’s Everton or no one then what can Barca do

Like I say it's a tough one. If Barca receive say a £40m offer from Spurs even though Gomes wants to play for us then it is game on and Barca play hardball.

Wages would also come into the equation. I really hope Brands has spoken to Barca and has an idea what fee to expect so we can get it done very early in January.

Like I say it's a tough one. If Barca receive say a £40m offer from Spurs even though Gomes wants to play for us then it is game on and Barca play hardball.

Wages would also come into the equation. I really hope Brands has spoken to Barca and has an idea what fee to expect so we can get it done very early in January.

Im sure Brands has spoken with them already. I find it doubtful that he and Silva have name checked him as a wanted signing but havent confirmed terms.

Cant see either of them publicly saying they want to sign him unless all agreed, let alone both of them.

Spurs are bad minge-bags though, if we can't beat them in a straight out bidding war, then Mosh needs to hit the road! I reckon he is staying based on the strange rumblings in my Nether's (which have never failed me when predicting rain or picking the winner of 'Pointless' !

Not letting myself get too attached to him, Wolves or the RS I reckon

Can't see him going to either to be honest. I know Wolves have the Pedro Mendes link but if it was that string why didn't he end up at Wolves this summer?

To be honest where Gomes ends up will depend on 2 or 3 factors. I think the main one is does he want to stay at Everton after this summer? How strong is his desire to wear the blue shirt? If he's saying he wants to stay permanently with us then that's more than half the battle done.

2nd piece is agreeing a fee with Barcelona. You'd imagine they don't see him as part of their long term future. You'd also imagine we had some conversation with Barcelona about potential fees for a permanent transfer when the loan was discussed. Unless Barce are asking silly money then it should be easy to agree a fee.

Last potential thing is what other teams want him. That's really difficult to know. I suppose it still feeds back into the 1st point. How strong is his desire to play for Everton long term? If it's strong then you'd hope no team will be able to turn his head.

We can out spend spurs both for fee and wages Levi is a misriblale git with money, I'd be more concerned about United or Chelsea. Nip in ahead of everyone in January and offer them first refusal on Richy if he ever wants to leave everton.

The rags are doing what the rags do, decide that a player is too good for a club and then try to sell papers by linking them with a " bigger " club :

Pickford to Man U springs to mind.

Go through Spurs current midfield, they`re over loaded and also have midfield players on big wages who don`t play much - Dembele etc.

Stuff and nonsense.

I love Gomez as I am sure all evertonians do and I know he is always saying he likes it here, but why does he always stop short of saying he wants to stay here for good, if he did that I am sure we would all be happy.

I love Gomez as I am sure all evertonians do and I know he is always saying he likes it here, but why does he always stop short of saying he wants to stay here for good, if he did that I am sure we would all be happy.

Because he is still a Barca player
If he says he wants to sign for us that is like putting in a transfer request and he loses his cut of the transfer fee
That could be one reason

That'd be like telling your missus you're leaving her for another woman, but you haven't asked the other woman out yet.

I’m afraid in this instance you are totally and utterly wrong
I know Barca are a big club but if Gomes refuses to go on loan what will Barca do ?
Nothing they can do ?
Wether you accept it or not the player has the power and Barca will take the money

He’ll sit in his apartment in Barcelona collecting a salary but never playing

He has a contract with Barcelona, period

Status
Not open for further replies.