2021/22 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever else happens, it will make my summer if he goes. Can't face watching him meander round the pitch in his own little world again next year.
That's him in a nutshell. Meandering around the pitch in his own little world. I think you have touched on something with that comment. People don't want to mention the elephant in the room with Gomes, but your observation is pertinent and gets to the heart of things.

In the context of trying to get a buyer for him, and getting him wholly or partially off the wage bill, both Klaassen and Schneiderlin come to mind.

I'm assuming that neither of those guys moved to Werder Bremen and Nice respectively on Everton wages? And that the desire to play regular football was uppermost for them?

I was a huge critic of Schneiderlin, but at least to his partial credit he got out when a deal could be arranged.

Why not the same for Gomes? He doesn't seem to be a cynical guy.

Surely there would be some interest and a matter of compromise/negotiation?

In the context of trying to get a buyer for him, and getting him wholly or partially off the wage bill, both Klaassen and Schneiderlin come to mind.

I'm assuming that neither of those guys moved to Werder Bremen and Nice respectively on Everton wages? And that the desire to play regular football was uppermost for them?

I was a huge critic of Schneiderlin, but at least to his partial credit he got out when a deal could be arranged.

I'd totally forgotten the existence of Morgan Schneiderlin.

Thanks a bunch.

We have no idea whether we continued to subsidise their wages or not after they moved?

Particularly in the case of Schneiderlin (who was on a massive wedge), I would guess we did

We have no idea whether we continued to subsidise their wages or not after they moved?

Particularly in the case of Schneiderlin (who was on a massive wedge), I would guess we did
I guess so, and assume we would have to take a hit to some extent to move him on.

I hope the club are at least talking to Gomes and looking at options in this context. Just accepting that nothing can be done whilst continuing to pay him handsomely for no return, well, just isn't acceptable.

It was rumoured that Silva and Fulham were interested.

That's him in a nutshell. Meandering around the pitch in his own little world. I think you have touched on something with that comment. People don't want to mention the elephant in the room with Gomes, but your observation is pertinent and gets to the heart of things.

Oh i think they do ?
Mr 1 in 10 is not being ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.