2021/22 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a big game for him tomorrow. Consistency has been his issue for a long time. When he's good he can be very good but we dont see it often enough and he doesnt back up a good game often enough.

I could actually see him being benched tomorrow along with Holgate if Lampard wants to get VDB and Alli in the team straight away

I know it's just one match, but Brentford were pressing, and under pressure, he passed forward, or kept the ball really well, whereas up till now he's been passing sideways and back under no pressure. I think it might be a stretch that he plays 30 games at least, and plays well in at least 15-20 of them, but it can't be a coincidence that Lampard + Delli + VDB all arrived and he played much much better.
I think he's a confidence player, and with the right tactics, some good performances, and genuine options off the bench or in the squad that can push him to play better, he'll do well for us! Hopefully his injury is behind him, and he has the right coaching and support to play much better regularly.

Apart from this, doesnt it feel good to talk about a good performance by him for the first time in 2-3 years! His thread has hardly been at the top of the list for ages
I'd like to think you are right, but, against better midfield players putting him under the kind of pressure Brentford couldn't, I think he will struggle.

One decent game does not mask his lack of pace, does not mask the fact that he can be dribble past with ease, does not mask his sad attempt to foul whenever he had been dribbled.

He is not meant for the premier league, His midfield partner will forever be burden by his lack of abilities without the ball. Donny is much more equip both with and without the ball. The difference is quite obvious.

Worth noting that the last time we saw any sustained good form from Gomes was early last season under Ancelotti when we were winning games with the lions share of possession..

One decent game does not mask his lack of pace, does not mask the fact that he can be dribble past with ease, does not mask his sad attempt to foul whenever he had been dribbled.

He is not meant for the premier league, His midfield partner will forever be burden by his lack of abilities without the ball. Donny is much more equip both with and without the ball. The difference is quite obvious.
Gomes is at least as quick and as good defensively as Donny. They’re both distinctly average in those aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.