2023/24 Andre Gomes

I'll just leave this here

426531517_122145339110064125_3693611958972542973_n.jpg

Gomes is the essence of the Everton player of recent years, he could have been great but Son broke his leg. He could come back but really hasn’t. He is a nearly man, every club has them but we have a team stuffed full of them. While I want every Everton player to be brilliant I have to realise that some are going to fail, Gomez has failed, maybe through no fault of his own but he isn’t what we need.

Gomes is the essence of the Everton player of recent years, he could have been great but Son broke his leg. He could come back but really hasn’t. He is a nearly man, every club has them but we have a team stuffed full of them. While I want every Everton player to be brilliant I have to realise that some are going to fail, Gomez has failed, maybe through no fault of his own but he isn’t what we need.
Wished he would have succeeded. He is the type of player we would have needed urgently in the current squad that adds creativity to the squad, a playmaker. But over 100k a week for an injury prone is just not worth it. Same with Dele.

The first 4-5 months were absolutely excellent. But I think the leg break clouds many peoples opinion on Gomes.

He'd been churning out some very average performances long before the break sadly.

Leg break certainly didn't help him recapture that form; but don't think that he was anywhere near his best at thr time of his Injury. Another stupidly high wage catastrophe.

The first 4-5 months were absolutely excellent. But I think the leg break clouds many peoples opinion on Gomes.

He'd been churning out some very average performances long before the break sadly.

Leg break certainly didn't help him recapture that form; but don't think that he was anywhere near his best at thr time of his Injury. Another stupidly high wage catastrophe.
Unfortunately that is true.
The leg break was desperately bad luck for him but his performances were not good before it.