2023/24 Andre Gomes

Maybe what we need on Saturday, but he needs pace around him and that is something we don't have.
Start him , it couldn't be any worse than it is already.
Play him as a 10, start DCL Beto and Danjuma (if he's fit), bring on Chermiti in the 2nd half. Our 4 fastest attackers I suppose.

….despite impressing, I suspect he’ll be on the bench. If we’re looking to press Burnley in the top third, I’d be surprised if Doucoure doesn’t start.
I agree. When I saw he tracking back at Newcastle with little or no interest in actually getting back, I could see why he can only be used from the bench.

He is a player that is good with the ball at his feet. Tactially, positionally, and defensively he is lacking.

I agree. When I saw he tracking back at Newcastle with little or no interest in actually getting back, I could see why he can only be used from the bench.

He is a player that is good with the ball at his feet. Tactially, positionally, and defensively he is lacking.
This, exact same as he did against Bournemouth. He is almost a luxury player given his workrate and we just cannot afford his workrate in Dyches system

This, exact same as he did against Bournemouth. He is almost a luxury player given his workrate and we just cannot afford his workrate in Dyches system
You can't really afford it any team for his output its one thing letting someone stroll round because they run riot when they get the ball but not when the best they ever deliver is a few nice passes.

He seems to be getting back to the levels of his loan spell

PS. I prefer the pronunciation of Gomes than what commentators are saying now,,,Gomesh
Commentators putting on silly accents to say players names more like where their from annoys me a lot more than it should, it’s not like we say England are playing Deutschland or Espana or even Brasil so why are they speaking English and then throwing in names inauthentically?

Go-mez

Big call this one. Could either stink the place out or have his passing A game on song.
Personally i think dyche will bottle it and leave him on the bench.

Think he's done well since he got back in the picture, def benefits us having him back in the frame now.

He's also playing for a contract so he's gonna want to catch someone's eye.
Wouldn't surprise me if Dyche is already begging him to stay on for another couple of years.

Commentators putting on silly accents to say players names more like where their from annoys me a lot more than it should, it’s not like we say England are playing Deutschland or Espana or even Brasil so why are they speaking English and then throwing in names inauthentically?

Go-mez

No ….
It’s go-mesh :)

He has to come off the bench. Years of this, we know this by now.
The guy can not compete against fully rested players. He's only ever shown his class coming on against tired opponents.

Think he's done well since he got back in the picture, def benefits us having him back in the frame now.

He's also playing for a contract so he's gonna want to catch someone's eye.
Wouldn't surprise me if Dyche is already begging him to stay on for another couple of years.

He’s on £120k a week and will be 31 in the summer, is injury prone and barely gets minutes. If he’s willing to take a 75% wage cut then we might consider offering a new deal.

Names end with Z in Spain while it's S in Portugal often.

The difference between Portuguese and Spanish:

Bruno Fernandes is rightly called Fernandsh, but Enzo Fernandez is pronounced as Fernandes.

Sergio Gomez is pronounced as Gomez, but it's Gomesh for André Gomes.

Same with Alexis Sanchez or Renato Sanches.

But Sergio Ramos is prounced Ramos in Spanish, while he would be Ramosh in Portuguese.