2023/24 Andre Gomes

I don't understand why Dyche doesnt want him in the first 11, the whole setup is screaming for a player with his profile. Garner, Onana, the wingers and Douc don't come close in terms of playmaking ability.

Genuine answer is because what you do off the ball is just as important as on the ball in the modern game; and Gomes offers nearly zero in terms of defending off the ball, complete passenger

Nar, thats not true im afraid.

Andre has always looked a classy player in his time here, its his legs and his fitness that is the problem.
He has been worthless since his loan was made permanent.

Of course he has a bit of class about him but it takes more than that. He has generally done well when he has played this season.

Well done Dyche master tactician or as someone else mentioned we’re that bad he looks ok hard to tell really but Gomes has always had some quality in him.
It was me who said that!

Of course he has ability, most top flight players do, it's all about putting it together which is why he has been struggling to get a game for us for the past few seasons even though we have been awful during that time.

I'm not worried about the past right now anyway, currently he is doing well and hopefully he will continue to do so for the rest of the season.

Guys, he had 10 good minutes against a cooked Newcastle team full of over performing duds and then a decent game against a Championship side. Can we stop pretending that he's good?

We all know he does this once or twice a season, starts the next few games and is totally pony.