2021/22 Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Pic that,

1631622105261.png

It's up there for best Goodison goal in quite a long time.

Only others I can think of that match it for quality are Rooney v West Ham when he chipped Hart and Bily scored one like that against Portsmouth years ago.

We've not had much in the way of long range shooting so I'm happy for Townsend to put his left foot through the ball as often as he can. He has the ability to score 3 or 4 from distance every year.
I enjoyed the third goal more. Exquisite pass and you just knew that Gray wouldn’t miss.

I will be honest before his cross to Keane I honestly thought give iwobi a go and sub Andros. He was workman like but not creating enough. After he scored the goal he was super charged. The difference in him and the whole stadium was unbelievable. I’m made up for him as he seems a good fella and a top pro.
Spot on amigo. In the first half I had no idea what position he was supposed to be playing

He's a weird one is Andros.
His work rate is spot on and it's obviously something that gives him an advantage over James.

He showed glimpses last night not withstanding the goal and assist of real quality.

I dont see the magic in him that Rodriguez possesses but then he pulls a worldy out the bag. If Rodriguez does that everyone is purring.

Spot on amigo. In the first half I had no idea what position he was supposed to be playing

Agree. I think his work rate earns him his start though. It's like he's got to work a lot harder to show his ability than others.

I'm not complaining. Give me work rate over the shysters we've had over the last few years. But his quality surprised me.

Be interesting if he can keep it up

This lad is the kind of player we have been missing from the dressing room for a long time, wears his heart on his sleeve by the looks of it, relishing every minute, says the right things and has positivity about the club and playing for the shirt and fans. Really hope he continues in the same form.
Also cant wait to see him swing that left peg again and score another worldy... it will happen!!

Gotta be honest though, i never saw this coming from him, which makes it all even better!
To be fair to him Walcott did very much the same - just couldn't fulfill his promise on the pitch, much like Iwobi now.

Get the feeling he has had quite a big impact on the squad just because he seems grateful for the job and wants to play (unlike some at times).

Don't want to damn him with faint praise though - he has an excellent left foot and is an intelligent player.

Status
Not open for further replies.