2021/22 Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's up there for best Goodison goal in quite a long time.

Only others I can think of that match it for quality are Rooney v West Ham when he chipped Hart and Bily scored one like that against Portsmouth years ago.

We've not had much in the way of long range shooting so I'm happy for Townsend to put his left foot through the ball as often as he can. He has the ability to score 3 or 4 from distance every year.

He really didn’t. It may have been unadventurous and stiflingly boring but, with the squad we had, mostly very effective. Interesting last night that in his post match interview Andros referred to what Roy was asking him to do which was clearly more defensive and, for him, less enjoyable. At Everton he seems to be enjoying his football again, long may it continue.

I probably chose the wrong word with terribly! As you say you were unadventurous and boring, similar to us until Burnley scored in some ways. But yeah once we go more attacking he looks a different player.

It's up there for best Goodison goal in quite a long time.

Only others I can think of that match it for quality are Rooney v West Ham when he chipped Hart and Bily scored one like that against Portsmouth years ago.

We've not had much in the way of long range shooting so I'm happy for Townsend to put his left foot through the ball as often as he can. He has the ability to score 3 or 4 from distance every year.

Arteta blammo’d one in against Bolton at the first ever game I took my daughter to and as a consequence she’s had to suffer the pain of being an Evertonian ever since.

Sign the attitude before the talent and the talent will out.
You look at the signings we’ve made and they’ve all got quality but more than anything they’ve fit in perfectly and improve the team morale. Townsend and Rondon have always been hard working team players and they both see this as their last chance to make a big impact in the best league in the world and so far Townsend is grabbing that opportunity with both hands. Gray on the other hand has had a stuttered start to his career and knows this is probably his final chance to really crack it as a first team player at elite level and so far he’s doing everything to make that happen too.
Suddenly players who didn’t run or pass forwards most of last season are playing football with drive and a smile again, brilliant!

This lad is the kind of player we have been missing from the dressing room for a long time, wears his heart on his sleeve by the looks of it, relishing every minute, says the right things and has positivity about the club and playing for the shirt and fans. Really hope he continues in the same form.
Also cant wait to see him swing that left peg again and score another worldy... it will happen!!

Gotta be honest though, i never saw this coming from him, which makes it all even better!

I've always liked Townsend. He was a regular in the England team for a while and had a good pedigree, then he fell out of the limelight a bit, but I've always liked him as a player. I didn't quite expect this level of impact though. That goal was 10/10. Special.

I remember him being linked with here a few times and the usual elite scouts on here would brand him as awful etc. I'm glad he's proven so many people wrong. In reality he's the exact type of player that Everton fans usually love.

I just don't understand why people nail their colours to the mast so early on. Again and again the same posters voluntarily make absolute tits of themselves. It's great, though.

I love these types of signings.

Pulling over from other thread.
I'm so used to us conceding that type of goal to a Townsend-type player.
What a pleasure to now have that for ourselves.

Just doesn't happen.

I think there was a conversation on the other Townsend thread about the last time we scored a screamer like that.... It was genuinely Rooney Vs. West Ham, which was 4 years ago. I think it says everything about our managerial regimes.

Look what happens when you encourage shooting, you score some tremendous goals.

Well in Townsend.

Status
Not open for further replies.