2021/22 Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.

As he is our only viable RW we need to look after him. When the international break comes up he should be given a couple of days off. He provides balance. Hopefully we can get competition back up in during the January window but we need to look after him between now and then.

I really like Andros Townsend. He has lots of energy, is very positive in his play, and always ends a game with little to nothing left in the tank. I think when you get to the end of your career you can either think "I'll just coast and see my last couple of years out" or "this is my final opportunity, I'm going to take it with both hands". I feel in Townsends' case, it's the latter.

I really like Andros Townsend. He has lots of energy, is very positive in his play, and always ends a game with little to nothing left in the tank. I think when you get to the end of your career you can either think "I'll just coast and see my last couple of years out" or "this is my final opportunity, I'm going to take it with both hands". I feel in Townsends' case, it's the latter.
It feels like we’re seeing the same mentality with Gray too. He never quite broke through to the highest level and we could definitely be his last big chance to establish himself and he’s trying his arse off as well

It feels like we’re seeing the same mentality with Gray too. He never quite broke through to the highest level and we could definitely be his last big chance to establish himself and he’s trying his arse off as well

Absolutely. There were a few raised eyebrows when we signed them, but up to now they have both gotten their heads down and gone for it. Long may it continue.

We're as reliant on him to create for us this season as we were James last season.

Let that sink in.

He's started very well. Let's hope he stays fit.

Don't think he's particularly good ( apart from the odd worldy and good cross ) but he's started well and every game gives 100% so all you can ask for, become a bit reliant on him early on as well which isn't a good sign.

Do like him though.

Don't think he's particularly good ( apart from the odd worldy and good cross ) but he's started well and every game gives 100% so all you can ask for, become a bit reliant on him early on as well which isn't a good sign.

Do like him though.
He’s good at finding spaces for the cross which 9 times out of 10 land on the attacker which is something we’ve not seen much of down that right side since Coleman got crocked away on international duty. I just like the fact he plays with a smile on his face and works hard for the team

Status
Not open for further replies.