2021/22 Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s not forget that incident where he knocked the ball out of Richy’s hands to make sure Dom takes the pen. Richy misses that pen and all of the sudden there is a silly mutiny at the club and Richy is publicly begging to go to Farcelona or wherever. Cool heads are required.

He spends his whole time on the pitch working his arse off and encouraging everyone else to do that same, then when he gets the ball, he looks up and either tries to get the ball into the striker, shoot, take a man on or play in a winger every single time, glorious.
Exactly...but it is strange that making an effort requires highlighting as you would think it was a given. But sadly not the case with some of the squad. However, fair play to Townsend he really does pull his tripe out ;)

Even if he is having a terrible game you sit there knowing he will leave nothing on that pitch in terms of effort.
Has absolutely shamed some players who have been here for a few seasons in terms of attitude. Absolutey shamed them.
1000 percent.

He absolutely shames the bedwetters who behaved as though we had signed Brett angel.

He's been better than Walcott 5 times over already.

Wasn't sure about him ,thought his mind was on media jobs but na showing he's a good professional and player looks made up to be with us good on him.

Shame he doesn't have a yard or two more pace, that would make him excellent.

Puts a shift in, has good delivery and consistently makes good decisions on the pitch.

I never thought he was a particularly bad player, but don't think I really appreciated that he was as good as he is.

He's also a very likeable guy. It's quite pleasing that a fella who most fans (myself included) felt underwhelmed about has began winning them round already

Reminds me a bit of Aaron Lennon in some ways actually

That's a compliment in my book by the way in case anyone thinks I'm having a go at him

I know Lennon wasn't especially popular amongst a certain segment of the fan base, but he worked bloody hard and the team always felt like it had more energy when he was in it

I get similar vibes from Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.