2021/22 Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.

As signings go this lad is has more than payed his transfer fee .........oh wait he was free ?

In this era of football he may well turn out to be the catalyst for a lot of clubs being more financially savvy
Him and Gray remind me very much of a Moyes type signing. Players who had ability but had either fallen out of favour (Townsend) or not made the step up (Gray).

I’d certainly like us to keep taking punts on cheaper players. It feels so much better when they turn out to be good signings.

CB7FC27E-8859-4A04-8C65-8D1A5FD447EF.jpeg

I love his technique when he shoots and you can see how he generates such power - contorts his whole body to gets as much behind it as possible. Maybe he never really hit the heights at Palace because he just didn't often enough get the space he needs.

To be honest, I was really underwhelmed with the signing as well. Just thought he would make the occasional sub appeance, play the cups, cover injuries. But for me, the singing of the summer for any club at the moment. Let's hope he continues

Even he thought he was coming in to be a backup. He said exactly that in his first interview. Fair play to him for performing so well and making sure he's one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.