2021/22 Andros Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was brilliant since he couldn't take that smile off his grid after signing. He's been a revelation, easily one of the most influential players across the entire division so far.

Andros-Townsend-.jpg

It's all about how it evens out over a season. There is no issue with him having some poor games this season. If he evens out to a regular 7/10 he'll be a huge upgrade on the terrible Iwobi who basically offers nothing at all in any game.
I don’t disagree at all, I was merely pointing out the bedwetters praising him today will be the first to call for his public execution when he next misplaces a pass… this forum is full of them.

We’ve been so reliant on one or two players to score goals or assist for so long. We’ve needed goals and assists from midfield/wide midfield desperately. You’ll never finish high up the league relying on a couple of players for your attacking output.

The encouraging thing at the moment is Andros, Gray and Doucourre (even Allan has a couple assists) are all contributing goals, assists and chances. Add DCL and Ritchie and that’s more contributing goal threat than we’ve had for a long time. If they can keep it up then bodes well.

I know when we signed him I thought he was crap

100% me too. I remember @Alan Whittle saying he was a very consistent performer and we'd be surprised but I just didn't see it myself.

He offers a threat, looks to get on the end of things (Shaw made a great block 1st half to stop what would have been a certain goal) and seems to be tactically very aware of the defensive side of things as well.

It's all about how it evens out over a season. There is no issue with him having some poor games this season. If he evens out to a regular 7/10 he'll be a huge upgrade on the terrible Iwobi who basically offers nothing at all in any game.
Hes already done 3 times more than iwobi in 7 games. He can do what he wants from here on on. He has surpassed him passed the point of no return already

Status
Not open for further replies.