Transfer Rumour Anthony Elanga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does he have so many first team appearances at a young age?
I agree with you on Amad. Would much prefer him to Elanga. Just not sure how he could the THAT bad and still get games for United
He is THAT bad (in my opinion.) In terms of the appearances, a few factors to consider. He got the majority of his game time under Ole, if I remember correctly, which should say enough. Brandon Williams was given game time and a massive contract during this time as well. Ralf Rangnick gave him a run but eventually dropped him, before ETH came in, gave him a few games an quickly banished him from the squad completely.
So yes, he has a few appearances over the last couple of years (a lot of 80th min sub appearances I would imagine) but this is the United of old. We have had Bailly, Telles, Tuanzebe, Williams, even feckin Wout Weghorst playing a ridiculous amount of games. We've also had regular starters like McFred and Maguire who should be nowhere near a team with ambitions to challenge for titles.
Hope that explains why having a nice collection of appearances for United in this current era is not a good measurement to judge a player on.

He is THAT bad (in my opinion.) In terms of the appearances, a few factors to consider. He got the majority of his game time under Ole, if I remember correctly, which should say enough. Brandon Williams was given game time and a massive contract during this time as well. Ralf Rangnick gave him a run but eventually dropped him, before ETH came in, gave him a few games an quickly banished him from the squad completely.
So yes, he has a few appearances over the last couple of years (a lot of 80th min sub appearances I would imagine) but this is the United of old. We have had Bailly, Telles, Tuanzebe, Williams, even feckin Wout Weghorst playing a ridiculous amount of games. We've also had regular starters like McFred and Maguire who should be nowhere near a team with ambitions to challenge for titles.
Hope that explains why having a nice collection of appearances for United in this current era is not a good measurement to judge a player on.

Thing is, Garner was quality in the championship. For us hes looked highly promising and oozing quality and desire.

If Elanga is rapid (?) as rumoured and can cross and pass + defend he'll be an upgrade on Gray and Iwobi.

If we want him and the price is £10m, just offer that , try and get it done before a more desirable offer comes in.

I think £8mil or a loan with option.

I spoke to a mate yesterday who’s a united fan said he’s not good enough for them, whether that means he could do ok for us who knows. He did say with a run of games he thinks he could improve.
Some United fans think we should have kept Angel Gomes, Chong and Tuanzebe, and some think if Martial can stay fit (imagine that) he is the world class striker we need. Elanga is championship standard (in my humble opinion) and no amount of game time will make him good enough for a club your size. Pellistri and Amad on loan is one million times a better option. They both work like dogs, unreal pace and creativity and can actually shoot from distance. They may be a bit raw but their work ethic and skillset would go down a treat at Goodison.

Thing is, Garner was quality in the championship. For us hes looked highly promising and oozing quality and desire.

If Elanga is rapid (?) as rumoured and can cross and pass + defend he'll be an upgrade on Gray and Iwobi.

I think £8mil or a loan with option.
Garner always looked a good player at United, had the skillset to succeed. The question marks over him were recovery pace and physicality. The signings of Casemiro and Erikson, and Mainoo coming through (most promising youngster in years) meant he wasnt needed and it went some way to balancing the books for FFP. This is a total different case we Elanga.

Garner always looked a good player at United, had the skillset to succeed. The question marks over him were recovery pace and physicality. The signings of Casemiro and Erikson, and Mainoo coming through (most promising youngster in years) meant he wasnt needed and it went some way to balancing the books for FFP. This is a total different case we Elanga.

I need your opinion on Antony before i can judge your opinion on Elanga.

Gnonto is so better than this guy it’s not even funny. If we can’t secure gnonto this will just highlight how much of a failure Kevin is.

At 19 he’s already performing with seniors and much much more talented than this reject.

FYI - Elanga scored the same amount of goals at 19 for United as Gnonto has for Leeds.
Elanga is nowhere near the level Gnonto is. Honestly there’s levels to this game.

Elanga at 19 was playing with the u-21s lol. Please don’t put the two together.

Gnonto went straight to the senior team.

I need your opinion on Antony before i can judge your opinion on Elanga.
Way over-priced, extremely frustrating to watch, wastes a lot of good opportunities by making the wrong decision (shooting instead of passing) and a player so utterly one footed always look awful when they don’t give them simple ball off their weaker foot.
On the plus side, he works ridiculously hard, he winds up the opposition and may, may improve as he has some good attributes. Himself and Sancho have both been massive disappointments.
To be honest, very few players at the club I would hate to see being sold.

Way over-priced, extremely frustrating to watch, wastes a lot of good opportunities by making the wrong decision (shooting instead of passing) and a player so utterly one footed always look awful when they don’t give them simple ball off their weaker foot.
On the plus side, he works ridiculously hard, he winds up the opposition and may, may improve as he has some good attributes. Himself and Sancho have both been massive disappointments.
Way too harsh.

So in other words Elanga is a quality player.

Status
Not open for further replies.