Anthony Gardner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I'm that impressed by this. Spurs fans don't rate him at all and whilst I understand we need cover it doesn't seem the best swap with Stubbs leaving the club for Gardner. Is this a loan with a view to signing or just a stop gap?

hhmmm

Spurs fans;

He's appalling mate. Seriously. And I'm amazed he's passed the medical, to be honest. We haven't seen him in about four months.

Not really, we've been trying to get rid of him for years. He's a bit of a joke. So glad we've finally got rid of him!
Now if we could sign a striker and a midfielder in the last hour that'd be great!

Was a good servant of the club for almost 8 years, and our 3rd highest apperances in the current squad. He had bags of potential, even played for england but was unfortunate with injurys. I have always said he performs best when he get a run in the team and hope this happens at everton. Good luck Big Ant and hope you help Everton into the Champions league, break the top 4, it will weaken Liverpool long run.

Didn't really fulfil his potential here. Perhaps if he can get a decent run of games under his belt it's not too late for him.
Good luck Big Tone!

Another DM low-risk test run. It provides cover where we need it and gives DM the chance to run the eye over someone who has had his career hit by injuries but can maybe resurrect his previous form. If it doesn't work out, we've had a few months of cover for not very much money. If it does, he's probably not going to cost that much and will be psyched to get back into a decent team.

if spurs have been playing huddlestone, a midfield player at centre back then it doesn't look like gardner has impressed 'one day' much. still, at least it is only on loan.

Dont see what the prob is? stubbs went, we needed someone to cover. He'll do.

When grav first left an we brought arteta in i remember what people were saying."who's this nomark,whats DM up to" etc,etc.

Also when gardner first came on the sceen i remember him being a desent player. Somtime a change of inviroment is really good for a player.

Its win,win i say!!

Not happy at all,why did we not just keep Stubbs he was under contract so why allow this move,Please do not say because he has been a true blue,true blues dont drag the clubs name down like he did when he left last time,true blues do not encourage players to leave(Rooney) when they gain a nice little wedge,true blues leave the fans to decide for themselves about ground move.he was how ever a better fringe option than Gardener

if spurs have been playing huddlestone, a midfield player at centre back then it doesn't look like gardner has impressed 'one day' much. still, at least it is only on loan.

ding ding ding ding.

there it is.

dawson hasnt been up to much recently, they even tried to play king crocked before him.

someone mentioned ferrari, now theres a player.

Foprget Ferrari, it didn't happen. As for Gardner IMO he is another Titus Bramble with less ability. DM knows what he is doing, he was a defender so must have seen something to take the chance, I trust his judgment.

As for Stubbsy, the deal only popped up on Wednesday, he went with DM's blessing as it allows him to extend his playing days for another year. personally I think my old mate has made a dreadful mistake, he'll have to live with it now.

I see one use for Gardner and one use only: last minute of a game, we need a goal, wewin a corner or freekick, bring him on to use his height.

Outside that, I hope Jags, Lescott and Yobo stay healthy. Monty, I don't think Gardner is as error-prone as Bramble, but he crtainly is scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.