Anthony Gardner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foprget Ferrari, it didn't happen. As for Gardner IMO he is another Titus Bramble with less ability. DM knows what he is doing, he was a defender so must have seen something to take the chance, I trust his judgment.

As for Stubbsy, the deal only popped up on Wednesday, he went with DM's blessing as it allows him to extend his playing days for another year. personally I think my old mate has made a dreadful mistake, he'll have to live with it now.

Yeah about sums my thought up about this one..spurs must be very happy to get him off the wage bill for a few months

Can't say I'm that impressed by this. Spurs fans don't rate him at all and whilst I understand we need cover it doesn't seem the best swap with Stubbs leaving the club for Gardner. Is this a loan with a view to signing or just a stop gap?

To be fair, I'll wait a bit and reserve judgement after I see him perform in a blue shirt.

After all, I clearly recall what Boro fans were saying after we took Yakubu off of their hands. They didn't rate him much either.

A lot of us Evertonians are very quick to criticise a player before he's even pulled on the shirt. Remember when Kevin Campbell joined?

Anthony Gardner... Watching him this year well.... He's nothing but air! Why do we need him with Jagielka backup! When Yobo comes back our back four would be back to normal. Hibbert, Lescott, Yobo and Nuno Valente!.

Terrible waste of time and excitment

Number25

He hasnt done badly when hes played for Spurs, I really dont see what peoples problem is with this signing. Its cover and not a bad one at that. I have always thought hes a decent, solid centre back and will add as good cover to the squad.

For me at least when ever ive seen him on MOTD he looks at best incomfortable on the ball (and this is a spurs defender we're talking about ;P) but for now at least he's another body and i guess thats all we need at this moment in time,just glad we didnt pay out good money for him.

Iv got a feeling this thread will come back to bite some people......just remember, he will be playing around decent defenders now. This should improve his game no end. His hight will be a big advantage for us.

Plus the gaffer must have been looking for a while. he never panic buys any more. I trust his jugement, he's not that often wrong.

i think it's not a bad move, i remember him being a solid central defender, and he will certainly provide a danger on corners, would much rather have signed Huddlestone though, he would've provided cover for ua at Centre back, and given us a real option to cars in midfield.
The scary part of this signing, is that it might mean Moyes plans on giving jagielka another shot at the holding misdfield position, don't get me wrong i was impressed with him against spurs (at CB), but his passing is woeful.

i think it's not a bad move, i remember him being a solid central defender, and he will certainly provide a danger on corners, would much rather have signed Huddlestone though, he would've provided cover for ua at Centre back, and given us a real option to cars in midfield.
The scary part of this signing, is that it might mean Moyes plans on giving jagielka another shot at the holding misdfield position, don't get me wrong i was impressed with him against spurs (at CB), but his passing is woeful.

Its cover mate, what happens if Lescott or Jags get a knock while Joey is away?

Its cover mate, what happens if Lescott or Jags get a knock while Joey is away?

moyes has said before he doesn't bring players in on loan unless he can see a future for them at the club, what i was saying was more, if Gardner was to be long term.....a big if i know.

Iv got a feeling this thread will come back to bite some people......just remember, he will be playing around decent defenders now. This should improve his game no end. His hight will be a big advantage for us.

Plus the gaffer must have been looking for a while. he never panic buys any more. I trust his jugement, he's not that often wrong.

I'll be more than happy if it does come back and bite me on the arse:D like i say no real money laid out for him and if he turns out to be a dead loss we can send him back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back