2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a difficult one because I think he would flourish when playing alongside Richarlison, Digne, Allan, James etc but will probably only get a chance when they are all out...

Haha this forum. Moaning constantly for him to start. He then starts and he has a mediocre first half and people are now condemning him to the championship. He's not even been bad, just fine.

People need to manage their expectations.

Welcome to GOT, where someone is either top class or total gash and there is no in between. He’s been fine. He needs minutes.

A lot of our wingers have struggled without full backs. Iwobi isn't exactly dominating is he

Being better than Iwobi isn't exactly the high water mark I'm looking for to be honest.

And he hasn't even been that.

Kid just isn't ready. Languid footballer who is too much of a passenger at present.

I think it’s clear why he’s not been getting a game. That doesn’t mean I don’t think he’ll be a good player. He’s just not there yet. He’ll need time. But I can see why he’s not necessity been given game time

he’s not quite reading the game well atm.

Being better than Iwobi isn't exactly the high water mark I'm looking for to be honest.

And he hasn't even been that.

Kid just isn't ready. Languid footballer who is too much of a passenger at present.
Hes not playing brilliant but the whole midfield other than Davies are playing very poorly.

I think it’s clear why he’s not been getting a game. That doesn’t mean I don’t think he’ll be a good player. He’s just not there yet. He’ll need time. But I can see why he’s not necessity been given game time

he’s not quite reading the game well atm.
I actually disagree, this is proving to me we should have played him more when Richarlison had his ban. He isn't as good as Richarlison and he probably never will be but he tracks back well and his pace on the shoulder of the wing back keeps them honest.

Basically he keeps the shape of the team pretty much the same. He's just a worse version of our first choice. The messing about we did to our formation to keep him out of the side in that period is Carlo's biggest misstep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back