2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Benitez was paying attention during that QPR game, which is good to see

In the past some of the younger players have come in with a decent performance in a situation like that but still haven't had a chance to play more

Benitez instead looks to be trying to cultivate more of a meritocracy, where good performances in matches and training properly can be enough for the younger lads to get opportunities. Hopefully that keeps happening

Same sort of player as the Ormskirk Ozil for me, just on the cusp of being a Premier League player.

Still lacks any real quality and is gonna have to do more than run to change my mind.

Dowell could legitimately float through games without ever looking like he’d get the ball. They’re nothing alike. Dowell belongs with Davies and Kenny in the golden generation who all can’t run faster than the average player jogs. Gordon will have a better career than all of them.

I think Benitez was paying attention during that QPR game, which is good to see

In the past some of the younger players have come in with a decent performance in a situation like that but still haven't had a chance to play more

Benitez instead looks to be trying to cultivate more of a meritocracy, where good performances in matches and training properly can be enough for the younger lads to get opportunities. Hopefully that keeps happening

What is encouraging is that we didn’t change the set up in order to shoehorn in a player with experience. It’s three quick players behind the striker and therefore when Iwobi was injured then Gordon is the next winger off the bench, countless of our previous managers would have played a central midfielder, full back, or striker out wide or changed the shape just to avoid starting a young player.

Dowell could legitimately float through games without ever looking like he’d get the ball. They’re nothing alike. Dowell belongs with Davies and Kenny in the golden generation who all can’t run faster than the average player jogs. Gordon will have a better career than all of them.
Yeah they are nothing alike playing style-wise.

I didnt explain myself very well there, I meant in terms of just being a little off the quality.

I said on he was only positive thing about QPR game. Got told he was crap. Decent again today. You're right, some clueless on here.
dom.jpg

I mean.

He has the ability to go round players with such ease. Did it 3 or 4 times and had good delivery on his weak foot. Give him time and games, I reckon he’ll come good despite having a so so game today. Speaking of which, weren’t we lauding Iwobi for a so so performance the other day?

Great today, delighted for the lid, has always had the quality, was watching him today, tactically and systemically he’s really come on. Love it, strutting his stuff at OT.

Lovely to see him, Davies and Dobbin all get mind, really nice for the academy and club, well done all.

Played well and certainly offered no less than Iwobi. 2nd game where I thought Digne looked much more comfortable with Gordon in front of him
Thought he was solid defensively, good cover for Digne, positionally good and made a few good tackles. I'm sure that Benitez will improve that side of his job, he just needs to get a bit more confidence in himself at this level, he's got ability no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.