2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then we can all laugh at his biggest detractor on here... ;)
I mean it doesnt work like that Mikey.

If he turns into Messi that doesnt mean I wasnt right in May 2022.

Ive also said I would be willing to give the boy a season playing for a team not fighting for its life on a weekly basis.

Nobody will be happier if this lad becomes what you all think.

Last summer the lad went away and worked on his fitness and physical, if he makes the same improvements this summer to his end product, then, well the world is his oyster.

And even if next season we might not be miles better than this season, it will be good to see players like Gordon play without the dread of a manager everybody hates or a full on relegation battle.

I mean it doesnt work like that Mikey.

If he turns into Messi that doesnt mean I wasnt right in May 2022.

Ive also said I would be willing to give the boy a season playing for a team not fighting for its life on a weekly basis.

Nobody will be happier if this lad becomes what you all think.

I was only teasing mate

All I'll say is, if Gordon does turn out how we hope, maybe just maybe we can stop writing kids off before they've had an actual proper sniff of first team action?

I was only teasing mate

All I'll say is, if Gordon does turn out how we hope, maybe just maybe we can stop writing kids off before they've had an actual proper sniff of first team action?
Not a chance!!

And I dont think anybody wrote Gordon off, I said all season he was undroppable and im probably his biggest critic.

Not sure about a player whose dead balls are shocking, who can't shoot and hardly ever scores. He runs fast for sure but what else? He is young and may develop.

Last summer the lad went away and worked on his fitness and physical, if he makes the same improvements this summer to his end product, then, well the world is his oyster.

He looks the sort who is going to work really hard on his game. He's improved a lot this year, even through the season. Looks exhausted recently though and has done for weeks. It's been a big ask from him. Needs to add more quality to his final ball/shot, but you can sense Lampard is going to be drilling that into him. I do think he has that ability too, more so than like a Gray, who I'd imagine will always be a bit of a headless chicken

Not a chance!!

And I dont think anybody wrote Gordon off, I said all season he was undroppable and im probably his biggest critic.

What worries me, and this will sound a bit odd, is he becomes undroppable for the wrong reasons. I.e he sacrifices himself for the good of the team. It's sort of what happened to Davies, who lost site of his own game and became a bit of a jack of all trades.

The defensive work is great, but his focus next year needs to be on deciding games for us.

What worries me, and this will sound a bit odd, is he becomes undroppable for the wrong reasons. I.e he sacrifices himself for the good of the team. It's sort of what happened to Davies, who lost site of his own game and became a bit of a jack of all trades.

The defensive work is great, but his focus next year needs to be on deciding games for us.

Having Lampard to learn under shouldn't hurt

I think Davies didnt kick on due to a lack of game time personally, he had runs, but he never nailed down a place and lost a lot of time kicking his heels when he should have been kicking on.

I think Davies didnt kick on due to a lack of game time personally, he had runs, but he never nailed down a place and lost a lot of time kicking his heels when he should have been kicking on.

There was also a time though, where he was shunted around being asked to do different things under different managers, and honestly not doing any of them very well. Started in Koeman's 2nd season where he was asked to fill in as an emergency right back. I don't want to do that with Gordon.

Not sure about a player whose dead balls are shocking, who can't shoot and hardly ever scores. He runs fast for sure but what else? He is young and may develop.
he`s a handful for opposition defenders who regularly goes past/through them and for sure he will get a lot better

I just hope he does not develop into a clueless nonentity like Davis.
Tom Davies was never anything special though. It surprised me he broke into the first team, had a couple of decent games and stayed there.

Gordon is more than just a body to fill in on the pitch. He has talent, just needs to harness it better. We got to a point last season where we looking at him to push us on and save us from relegation, he's a kid. Hopefully if next season is a bit less stressful he should push on.

Status
Not open for further replies.