2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he got stuck in. Got some help from Townsend but didn't much quality ball from Seamus. I think we could have had more joy if he would have switched with Gray and linked up with Digne in the 2nd half. He should have also took a shot on 1st half rather than playing it wide when he was in the box.

Prefer him playing from the left. Think Spurs defended the wide areas quite well yesterday with that system, so both Gray and Gordon struggled. Gordon wasn't helped by Townsend naturally drifting to the same area of the pitch that Gordon was in

He is growing into the team. Previously IMO he was a nothing player who was weak and didn't know what he was meant to do. Now I see a player that can hold onto the ball and rarely loses possession. His decision making has improved a hell of a lot. He has a grounding now that will take him up to another level but not just yet. He currently is not making the side weaker but also not making it much stronger. He has good feet, he is not taking on too much and is being conservative but is so much improved compared to previously. If he stays on this upward projectory then we will start to see more meaning in his play. His defensive side has come on leaps and bounds and although, not seemingly a traditional winger, he can cut inside and put in a decent pass. His crossing (when it does happen) is not too shabby and will also improve.

Still one for the future but has not been letting us down during and since the Man Utd game.
Good signs from him.

It seems he can play 90 minutes then, while he tired a little towards the end, he was still far more lively than some of our players have been in the first 10 minutes of their games, wasn’t he Salomon?

Dunno if I agree with that mate. I like him as a player, but he visibly faded in the last 20 mins or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back