2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully some of Everton's "fans" can give him at least a couple of seasons to develop. Definitely not the finished product. Probably won't be world class. Hopefully add end product to his game and become a good premier league player.

they’ll be bashing Gordon even when he plays well for not being the next Hazard whilst continuing to make excuse after excuse for Keane Coleman Davies Siggurdson. Can’t make it up with some of our fans. They hate our genuinely good players yet will die on a hill for the dossers who have blighted this club for years.

Some of the piss-poor shouts in this thread man...

"Bang average youth player", yeah, the lad who top scored in the youth league from midfield, the lad with a wicked long range shot.

There's no guarentees he'll become a regular starter obviously but he is a talent and one I've been keenly watching when the opportunity arose for 3-4 years.

"League 1 level", sure thing. You'd think after having their eyes wiped over DCL that some would be a bit more humble yet here we are.
Yes Tommy, Gordon has always took the eye but never put the hard work in, all the time, stress all the time. He is now working harder and wants the ball, he can read the game, witness the very good header at Wolves which nearly snatched us a draw, what a boost to his growing confidence that would have been if it had gone in. He is nowhere near the finished article, how many are at his age, but the more he plays the more he will improve and hopefully become a consistent member of the squad.

Think he is going to be good for us. Not expecting Pele and not expecting 10 out of 10 performances. He is obviously growing into the team and is not careless and can sometimes be a threat. Like him when he is in full flight as he looks controlled and comfortable. True our expectations have to be blunted slightly and just let him develop as he is currently doing. Still lots to learn but very promising. My only doubt about him is he seems to lack stamina and looks knackered at times. Hopefully over time with good training he can build up his stamina helping him to become more involved in the game. Let us be patient with him as he is not the least detrimental to the team at the mo

Some of the piss-poor shouts in this thread man...

"Bang average youth player", yeah, the lad who top scored in the youth league from midfield, the lad with a wicked long range shot.

There's no guarentees he'll become a regular starter obviously but he is a talent and one I've been keenly watching when the opportunity arose for 3-4 years.

"League 1 level", sure thing. You'd think after having their eyes wiped over DCL that some would be a bit more humble yet here we are.
That's the norm in here mate. Then when they're proved right they're all chuffed with themselves. See I told you he was crap sort of thing. Sad really.

Think he is going to be good for us. Not expecting Pele and not expecting 10 out of 10 performances. He is obviously growing into the team and is not careless and can sometimes be a threat. Like him when he is in full flight as he looks controlled and comfortable. True our expectations have to be blunted slightly and just let him develop as he is currently doing. Still lots to learn but very promising. My only doubt about him is he seems to lack stamina and looks knackered at times. Hopefully over time with good training he can build up his stamina helping him to become more involved in the game. Let us be patient with him as he is not the least detrimental to the team at the mo
Stamina normally comes with age mate. Plus he's spent a lot of time in the gym building up his upper body strength and that's probably had an adverse effect too. Hopefully that side to his game will improve.

ZQXkXeq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.