2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what it is that doesn't quite click for him, he works had, got pace skill and seems to have decent feet but he doesn't really do anything.

I don't think he's bad, he's 100% deffo at football than the likes of Davies and Kenny but he needs to work on his final product
I remember him showing promise (before the infamous knock on Carlo’s door), which leads me to believe he is a confidence player and maybe a bit too fragile. He looked completely lost afterwards (to be fair he barely saw minutes). Even on loan he struggled.

As with many of our other young guys though, he wasn’t given much of a fair chance and was overlooked for absolute crap.

I remember him showing promise (before the infamous knock on Carlo’s door), which leads me to believe he is a confidence player and maybe a bit too fragile. He looked completely lost afterwards (to be fair he barely saw minutes). Even on loan he struggled.

As with many of our other young guys though, he wasn’t given much of a fair chance and was overlooked for absolute crap.
He plays like a school boy. Not godd enough to play pro football!

I think we have to persevere with Gordon and find ways of giving him minutes.

There have been times when he’s looked quite promising. If you’re ever going to develop young players they need chances. They will be poor at times, but we need to give them a chance.

I think it is more imperative for us to develop the likes of Anthony Gordon because of our financial limitations. We need to bring youngsters through, so was all the promising youngsters will join us.

I thought he was one of our better players the other night, he Was created and was tackling back. Time to show there is a pathway to the first team.

He is getting chances. I haven't seen anything that suggests he merits a pl start yet. This is arguably the best league in the world and we can't afford to rely on youth unless it's sufficient quality. Off the bench until he shows he's ready

I'd bring him on after 60 minutes for Rondon. Play him up top initially and then if Simms is brought on move him back to number 10. I think if he gets a goal it will build his confidence. He probably isn't good enough but given the options we have we need to give him a go.

Too slow. Tom showed more promise at the beginning when he first got into the first team. Maybe it will be the other way around and he will get better the more he plays. Not convincing though right now.

I think there is a player in him. When he can get his stride and open his gears while running into space he seems a threat. Very slight frame but think he can do a job

Too slow. Tom showed more promise at the beginning when he first got into the first team. Maybe it will be the other way around and he will get better the more he plays. Not convincing though right now.
He's pretty quick from what I've seen. A bit slight but only 20 so will get stronger.

He is getting chances. I haven't seen anything that suggests he merits a pl start yet. This is arguably the best league in the world and we can't afford to rely on youth unless it's sufficient quality. Off the bench until he shows he's ready
You are wrong. We have to start trusting and using youth. He was used properly today and did well. With no money, it really is important that we bring these players through.

Giving Dobbin minutes when 2-0 up was also sensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.