2021/22 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully he continues his development. Give him a couple more seasons of first team football to grow and add more to his game. He's currently a little too one dimensional and lack end product. Continue improving and he'll be a solid premier league player. Everton needs one more top winger to replace Townsend in the summer. Gordon and Townsend will back up Gray and the new signing.

Ross had immense talent mate, you could see it a mile off,almost everything like you say, i remember looking at an interview when he was playing for England and the coaches were drooling saying he was the national teams future. Players of that quality you get maybe once every 15-20 years. He had a poor attitude to me though, he never wanted to put any effort to develop skills to take him out of comfort zone, as you say develop the tactical side of the game, his in game intelligence, controlling tempo, he never understood the game systemically. Martinez to my mind indulged him because he was so talented and the years he had with him where so important, i wish he had of come through when Moyes was here because he would have demanded Ross develop. To be fair to Koeman he saw it a mile of and tried the tough love approach, which Ross needed to become the player he should and develop. He binned that off and wasted his career at Chelsea, he couldn't even get a run for Villa last year. Hes still at the same level he was when here with no development. Its he difference between becoming a Gerrard or staying a Jon Jo Shelvey - which sadly is the category Ross is in now as a player. Sad really, though he did the massive dirt on us.

While Ross had immense talent, and i agree Gordon isnt at that level, i think hes is very talented, he has that intelligence Ross didnt and i see that improving every time, his attitude is great. On his quality, i thought he was exceptional against Chelsea, they are European Champions and they have the meanest defense in the league, he absolutely terrorized them the other night - they are one of the best teams and defenses in Europe for my money, i thought he was incredible, huge influence on the game and the result. If we know he can do that full tilt at the quality of Chelsea we have a player on our hands. The assists and goals they will come as he acclimatizes to this level, but i think hes been brilliant this year - hes really worked hard on the dirty side of the game and hes developing balance to his defensive and attacking side of the game, he knows, he understands and hes committed to it. Reminded me a bit of Sheeds at times vs Chelsea. Always open, always on it, always probing, always making the right call and executing. Hes a clever player. More so than Ross. Personally i think we have a player on our hands in young Tony.

Yes to all of this. Barkley just never really kicked on, and as you say made himself a consistent deliverer in a certain system. He should have been at the Lampard/Gerrard level, but as you say he didn't have the right mentality.

Gordon is not at such a level, but if he keeps getting better has can probably overtake Barkley and get to be an international player. He has enough in his locker. He's quick, has an ability to glide past players, decent with both feet, a good shot on him and quite good vision. He also takes up good defensive positions off the ball. Just needs to believe in himself a bit more.

Love the energy from the lad runs all day he is making more of an impact in games now. Would still like to see him get some more goals, hopefully can keep getting better. Still feel we need another winger and rotate gordon in and out of the team

Roar talent always willing to run at players with the ball ,doesn't always work out but refreshing to see got proper potential imo

Roar talent always willing to run at players with the ball ,doesn't always work out but refreshing to see got proper potential imo
mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:116513

Benitez clearly sees him ahead of a lot of other players including the other young players and probably Iwobi. That’s because he works selflessly for the team and is playing to the same level most games. Consistency, that’s why he’s in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.