2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every player has a price at every club as well mare as you know, this isn't exclusive to us having to sell.

It's a bit crap because of the situation we are in where we are so weak up top that it seems criminal to even consider selling another player. But needs must in situations like these and they have to decide if its for the best.
I think any club mate, regardless of whether they are financially stable or not, would consider a huge offer for a player like this.

But we were relying on him, and he didn't deliver, which is probably part of the reason that we needed until the last home game of the season to stay up mate...

Maybe I worded my point badly. We shouldn't be relying on Gordon so much, and the fact that we have and do, is probably a big part of the reason we are where we are. Just like if we think Iwobi will actually become a top class playmaker (and I think right now btw he's the best creative player we've got), we'll also end up with egg on our face.

There isn't anything weird about it no. But it is an unusual situation for a winger who was literally on the verge of going on loan last August (would have gone if we got Diaz) then becoming pretty much a guaranteed starter under two managers.

There is a place for Iwobi at Everton, versatile, looking confident. Can see a pass and links well.

He won’t ever be a top class playmaker Ofcourse.

Imagine saying this two years ago.

50m plus Broja or another striker on loan and I’d take that.

Then invest the money back into another forward, get Gana in and hopefully get more of the dross (Gomes, Allan and Davies) out of the door too.

Status
Not open for further replies.